Check in for flowering and Nutes

My first grow. Seed popped 12 September. Bottom leaves turning yellow since flowering started. I want to get some new nutrients for it today. It is in living soil so I want to stay organic. What nutrients is good for flowering? Flowering started about a week and a half ago.

2 Likes

@420allday welcome my 82d ABN brother. @DivChem what’s your advice for our 18th Abn Corp brother.

Go all the way and then some :grin:

I was in 18th Airborne Corp while stationed @ Ft.Polk La. 51st Chemical Company Reconnaissance. The Only Chemical asset. Depending upon where you are in the food chain depends on how bastardized U will be… Once I joined JRTC as a Chemical OBSERVER CONTROLLER. I did alot of traveling between Ft. Bragg ( 18th Abn Corp HQ ) and Polk… My advice would be… Dont jump out of a perfectly good aircraft… Your knees and hips will thank you 20yrs down the Road…

4 Likes

I heard that on the jumping. Too late though, I’ve been out since 87 and had 100 + jumps. And yes, my knees and back are paying dearly for it. I’d do it again again in a heartbeat though if I could.

2 Likes

12/27/82 ____ 02/28/06… My running and gunning days are Way over… But I am still ENORMOUSLY well trained in TT&P and still provide overwatch out to 1100 meters… Pretty sure I can still TURN OFF and deal with the situation as required.

1 Like

I was good to ask if you topped it then noticed it was in a cup wondering if topping would have worked for such a small grow medium. Are you familiar with topping and the benefits or provides? It’s natural for the lower now fairly useless fan leaves to be cannibalized by the plant for more free resources for bud production. I did see some tip yellowing at the top though that could be light burn or nutrient burn. I doubt you have any parasites being so small and indoors it shouldn’t really be attracting them but do check under your leaves for thjgns that aren’t your plant aka white or black dots even green but those are big enough to be quite visible. Did you use the pot for a pot deal they promote on this site it looks similar to their setup for a small grow. Do you have any intentions of expanding with a tent or maybe some 5 gallon pots next grow or sticking to the small scale growing?

1 Like

No it’s actually in a 2 gallon fabric pot and I’m using super soil. Since it’s an Autoflower I was told not to top it or anything. I just need to find out what would be the best nutrients to help flowering. It has to be organic for my soil. I thought about going with a 5-gallon pot next round but I just wanted to get my feet wet with the two gallon. Didn’t have a clue of what I was doing until I started reading. I still know very little of course just starting out.

Sorry I’m not sure if I responded to you right or not on your question. I’m still trying to figure out how to use the site. No I don’t top it or mess with it at all since it is an Autoflower. Yes it is the 2 gallon pot for a pot setup. It’s about 32 in tall right now. Since it is live soil, what can I use for nutrients since it is flowering?

Topping increases yield while keeping it around 3 feet tall if you top it around there. I personally topped mine at the 6th node which is the spots on the stem where the fan leaf branches come from. For example when you top your plant it goes from one cola or main stem to 4 or more colas generally you’ll get 4. What that means is the cola is where your buds sprout from so now you have multiple colas for your buds to grow on instead on the one. I use the nutes from this website before that it was from bloom city not sure if it’s organic or not likely not being undiluted solutions and all. The bigger the pot the bigger the plant yield the smaller the pot the quicker root lock happens aka roots run out of room to expand to support a larger plant meaning they restrict bud weights as to not literally kill itself mid bloom. I digress anything else you might want to know that I could help with feel free to ask.

1 Like

With me growing an auto flower, I heard that I shouldn’t top it. With this being my first grow, I was being extra cautious with it. She’s coming along pretty good though. I just fed her with worm casting tea a couple days ago and the buds are taking off quick.

1 Like