Cheaply lighting a 3x3 tent with DIY light strips

I know what you’re saying, but I don’t know if powering too low is a thing? Not by running reduced current anyway. Test current on my cxb’s Is 2.4 amps and I run them at 1050ma max.

Usually the reason you use double row strips would be to use half the amount of single row strips, so 10 single row and 5 double row powered the same would be equal output. I understand you can give them low current.

1 Like

And that is why I planned all along to use the double

Okay so what are you using lol. Double row or single row. 2’ or 4’

Ok thanks, that’s what I thought.

Double 2’ for this

Okay so the double row 2’ strips are 46v still. So 1 sec
So yea you would need 2 of the hlg-240h-c1050 to power 10 of them, that would give you 480w of power

1 Like

Fb24b
46v
103w
2.24A

Those are 4’

Damn paper with wrong numbers. So, I did have everything but the strips right then, yippee

1 Like

F562b is 2f single row, f564b is double row 2f, fb22b is 4’ single row and fb24b is 4’ double row strips

1 Like

Yes so you could do pretty much exactly what you said. 10 of them driven at 50% on 2 hlg-240h-c1050 turned down and be in good shape, and if you ever needed the power it would be there.

Sorry I just got way confused with the lengths you were after and wanted to make sure you were getting the right stuff

1 Like

Stupid Paper!!
I was all over the place

3 Likes

Lmao I bet your brain was twisted lastnight trying to keep up Haha, been there.

3 Likes

Feeeww! So ya feel me lmao

2 Likes

I got data sheet math for 4’ and 2’ randomly added up together. All twisted. Calculating painkiller style

Are you getting the A or B version of the drivers? If using the B version you could wire them both together with a 50k Ohm potentiameter, or the A versions have it built in

I was planning on the B so I could dim a bit more in the veg.

1 Like

If you want to wire them together a 50k Ohm Potentiameter is the way to go, or if separately, 2 100k Ohm potentiometers.

1 Like