Cheapest indoor grow set up you have ever used?

@dbrn32

Oh I see. This is my first grow and I dont have space or budget for large setup… Budget is under $300.00. I have a 125w, 3000k quantum light board that cost me $100 and should be good for 1 white widow autoflower in a smaller tent. The super expensive soil, nutes, etc ain’t happening though lol, especially with current economy. I may check out a pot for pot’s $100 5 gallon kit which includes almost everything except seeds, water and light. They even include a $40 coupon I can use here for the seeds…

If a person has alot of money to spend on nutes, soil etc that’s cool. I just dont want new growers like myself who have a smaller budget to be discouraged from growing. I mean…how did people grow weed back then without all this extra stuff lol? :thinking::grinning:

3 Likes

There’s give and take with everything. You don’t need expensive soils or nutrients, you just have to cover plants needs throughout the grow. You could essentially do that without buying anything if you have the knowledge and resources. Most people don’t, or are too lazy, or don’t have the time. Some probably could, just like the convenience or results of the stuff they’re buying.

You don’t need an expensive growing medium regardless. You just have to watch out for the wrong cheap soils. Stay away from soils that say they will feed for several months. You can find low cost solutions to cover plant nutrients too. Either in diy or just staying away from stuff with fancy labels promising extra yields.

7 Likes

Don’t be embarrassed on account of me. Have you harvested any out of there, or is this your first attempt?

Also, is calendar in pic local to you? I can see address on it, maybe something you would want to cover?

1 Like

4x4 tents online at Walmart for $88.

5 Likes

all right!!!

1 Like

Way back in high school(lets not talk about the year) my best frei d and i were turned on to these new fangled lights. They were t5 that would grow plants. We did 2 bag seed plants in a refridgerator box in our adult(19) buddys garage. We got almost 3oz off of them. Huuuuge yeilds.

That setup was a cardboard box painted inside silver with aluminized paint fir metal fab, dirt from the creek with perlite added, lawn fertilizer. Could smell the garage from the mouth of the holler(hilbillies will get it). Was strong stuff but like smoking a cigarette soaked in ammonia.

6 Likes

Twister bulbs?

1 Like

@dbrn32, Thanks for looking out for me.

1 Like

Nope… t5s. Yep. Think back fuuuuuurther. They were the first(we ever heard of) that were for plants . Lol

1 Like

Two lights $150, timer, 6 inch clip fan, pots… $250 at most… Grown 7 grows

grown

5 Likes

The start of my grow tent adventure.

Over the years, I’ve gradual improved my set-up with bigger tents, better lights and climate control.

Being “on a Budget” often means being inventive and opportunistic.

October 2018 to present day Outdoor Grower TRYING Indoor Winter Grow

It’s a long read…

1 Like

Opprtunistic! Yes. I go to local auctions etc… lots of stuff comes through there. Most people outside of our community don’t know what stuff is. For example i saw a hash washer sell for 35 bucksm. I wasnt sure what it was till it was too late and everyone else thought it was a dorm washing machine… lol. I already had one but was a good machine for bubble hash.

1 Like

Light Dep hanging on a string!

Mostly scrap except for the reflecting sheeting. Cost for the lot? 20 UK Pounds

1 Like

I haven’t grow cheap. But could easily do so now. Don’t forget craigslist. You can get tents and lights there for almost nothing. Or at least around here. Check their garden section.

I’m from The North of Ireland.

Who the fook is “craiglist”?

Cheap growers have all the craic and satisfaction… at least I do!

1 Like

Sorry. I thought it was every where type in craigslist dot com and see if you have it there. it is an on line add service. Free here that any one can post just about every thing to.

If I owned a Bentley, I’d ride/grow in it.

If I owned a Relient Robin… I’d have to get inventive.

If I walk.

I have to be resourceful,

But if I’ve had two strokes and racked by arthritis…

I’m making the best of being the filling of a world shite sandwich.

I’m getting angry, cheap of little account; of small value; mean; shoddy:

adjective, cheap ·er, cheap ·est. costing very little; relatively low in price; inexpensive: a cheap dress. costing little labor or trouble: Words are cheap . charging low prices: a very cheap store. of little account; of small value; mean; shoddy: cheap conduct; cheap workmanship.

1 Like

@Myfriendis410 built a super nice grow box with this stuff. And it is super cheap. If you can get it near you. I am going to use this on my walls to make a room a full grow room soon.

At my Dad and Moms house 5ozs first time.