Cheapest decent LED light for indoor?

Hey guys, I’m looking to buy a new LED light for my indoor tent, as the current one I have (600w) thing I brought off of Amazon, doesn’t seem to be quite cutting it. Can anyone advise me on a decent LED light to get that isn’t overly expensive?
Also, I have my filter setup in the tent for the fumes and airflow, but due to using LED, the tent doesn’t get too hot, so the filter keeps the tent at around 22 degrees Celsius. Is this okay? Or should I target the heat by getting a heater for it?
Cheers in advance dudes

Good morning I can advise on the led lights but @dbrn32 will be able to point you in the right direction

As for the temperature my grow box runs 26c 80F I don’t think it would be a major issue running at 22c it’s around 72F but wait for a expert to confirm or correct me :joy::sunglasses::love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

what size is your grow tent and how many plants are you wanting to go at a time

2 Likes

@Deal My grow tent is 4ft by 4ft, and I’m growing 6 plants. @Growingscotland cheers for that, I did look up online and thought it would be fine at that temp, but a mate of mine mentioned about it is all
Cheers dudes

1 Like

What’s your budget for lights lots of options but by far I think everyone agrees that HLG or Electric sky a few others are on top of game right now and your going to get recommendations for HLG more than anything and that’s for a good reason they are amazing lights but it all depends on your budget if you can’t afford the HLG’s and need more light right now I have a suggestion cheap lights and they’ve worked great for me and a few other people that I know who use them… but by far your best investment is to buy the best lights you possibly can right off the bat so that your not spending more money later!

1 Like

My budget is about £150 for the lights. do you mean to get a HLG light, or the brand HLG do LED lights? I would like to find LED for the lower electricity consumption. Throw some suggestions at me if you have any dude!

I’m not sure on exchange rate, but good led lighting to flower a 4x4 starts at about $700 US. You can maybe check with diyleduk? When using leds best canopy temps usually in low 80’s F to have proper leaf surface temperature. That’s where you’ll get best growth rates.

1 Like

Hard to flower a 4x4 with a 150$’s led

If you don’t care about energy consumption and high electric bills an 600-1000w HPS bulb/ballast would work. You run into a lot of alternate issues unrelated to electric cost such as high temps.

1 Like

£150 is around $200 US, I dont think you will even get close to lighting a 4x4 for that.

2 Likes

I’m not too fussed on the money. Just looking for the cheapest, decent LED lights I can buy for a 4x4 really

1 Like

The thing i learned early on was to not cheap out on lighting. If you have to break the budget anywhere it should be with your lighting selection as it will be the MOST IMPORTANT factor of any grow. I had a friend give me a setup due to him having to suddenly move to a place he couldn’t grow and it came with a 60$ Amazon light that claimed to be 600w when it might have been 60w. Even though it kept the plants alive and growing somewhat, from the moment i upgraded to the hlg 135 rspec in my 2x2 the growth rate exploded. I think 2 of the 260xl would work for a 4x4 footprint but will definitely cost more than a couple hundred.

1 Like

I am lighting my 4 x 4 with a knockoff quantum board style light from eBay. Cost me 450 and I’m thrilled with it. My tent stinks, trichromes galore, and buds fattening up quite nicely. There is no cheap way to light a 4 x 4 but there are less expensive ways. You can get a version of what I bought from alibaba for even less. I was sketched out by that and wanted the eBay guarantee in case a $450 piece of crap showed up. Would they look better with a 1000 dollar light, probably. All I know is they smell and look great to me.

4 Likes

@Eagles009 cheers dude! any chance of a link for the 450$ one?

1 Like

You can light a 4x4 for around that price, but not with LEDs. $150-$200 will get you a budget friendly 600w or 1000w high pressure sodium/metal halide setup, but they put out a lot more heat.

I can’t link it, against the rules. But it’s 459.95 I think. Fast and free out of tennessee. You should be able to find it. 500 watts. I’ll double check they still have more. Had a few available last time I looked.

1 Like

If you don’t see it search for quantum grow light 550v2

1 Like

I am upgrading to HLG next run… but I did wonderfully with amazons viparspectra 2020 pro series QB’s relatively cheap lights I will be using in veg until they burn out becuase honestly they rocked my 4x4 my first go with them I have the p4000 which is 400 true watts on that fixture and then I had 2 smaller p1000 (100 watts) each fixture sadly I do believe they jacked the prices up a bit from when I bought them I got the p4000 for 300 bucks and each p1000 was 90 bucks… so 600 true LED watts for like 480Bucks somewhere around there and I got some really good tight buds from it… again people freak when you use cheap lights and I can understand why but to me it’s not a waste to buy them like I did because now I have Veg lights and I can get an HLG 600 the red spectrum for flowering… But another reason I’m not worried about trying cheaper light options is because my wife’s pretty lenient with my hobby spending for the most part! Now blurples are a little different I bought one it was my first light and now it’s just my early clone light until it starts getting used as a door stop haha here’s some bud these vipars grow and also I believe Migro recommended the new viparspectra pro series light for anyone who’s taking the cheap amazon route and I can say they work with the spec they obviously better for veg but they flower decently as well

1 Like

I got 3 from Amazon. My 600 watt was 59.99 my 300 wat wat around the same 55 but came with remote. N my last one is a 1000 wat I got for 79.99 they got good sales going on n u get extra wit most

1 Like

Hello i also have some questions about the lights I’m running in my Vivosun dual tent 4×4.
If you have a minute could you check out my grow journal the info is posted there and I’m about to do a post regarding a third light that I have come across that I’m wondering if it would be beneficial or harmful to add the light into the mix