Charts and graphs

Nice thread.

2 Likes

Thanks glad to see it has come in handy lol got locked out of my original profile for the second time

2 Likes

Do you wonder how much UV’s pass through different kind of non-UV’s protected glass ?

Here’s a simple graph that explain it :

~Al :v: :innocent:

10 Likes

@dbrn32 with all your brainpower I thought you should see this thread too, well because you can contribute so much :+1::wink: Tag others to spread the love and post graphs and charts that seem important

1 Like

And others @1BigFella @Countryboyjvd1971 @BIGE @MattyBear @MAXHeadRoom tag your friends

Some of those are pretty cool. A few others give some info that’s a little misleading. It may be accurate, but someone could easily be mistaken.

Well as every brand of light will change the data sheet…? You would need to investigate further for yourself and click the photo and go to the website it was from, if applied

Ya, that’s what I mean. Not all led tubes are 100 lumens per watt but it’s reasonable number, and it compares to t8 for fluorescent. Most fluorescent grow lights use t5 ho and they’re usually between 90-100 lumens per watt.

So I couldn’t say it’s not accurate, but maybe they’re just comparisons that don’t really apply would be fair?

take the glass out of the hood huh? lol

1 Like

Right it’s probably for just easy generalization and a good way to help people add their numbers and see the ratio aspect of the comparison lol

1 Like

Exactly. But if you don’t know there’s that bug of difference between the two fluorescents, and compare pricing on t5ho and led tube, you’ll be thinking you’re getting a lot better light. When they’re pretty much the same.

If you know the difference, then you’re probably not looking at the charts anyway right? Not complaining at all, someone took the time to locate and post. Which is really cool of them.

It’s ok buddy no harm no foul :+1: I just like seeing this sort of stuff instead of plain old text. It gives the brain some better way to put it in the memory bank that’s all!

But seriously we need more charts and graphs. People tag someone who has a data sheet on their build, or whatever light setup, doesn’t matter, or post their nutrient graphs and reference tables that are important. :wink::+1:

2 Likes

A few comments:
Brilliant idea to put them all on one thread. Now if we could just get a link on the page to point to the thread?
Light color temperature chart exaggerates the color depth a bit. 10000 K is not really THAT blue and 2700 is not really THAT red.
It looks like you are locked out of something no matter what pH you pick. Maybe for hydro we should vary the pH a bit so we can get some zinc absorbed. I always had to spray zinc solution to actually get an avocado crop when I was growing. Perhaps make every third jug pH 5.5?
CRI is Color Rendering Index which is how accurate colors look to humans. You can improve a predominately blue and red CRI by adding more green, but that may not do anything for plants. (They don’t need much green.)
You can see why we were wasting our time with ordinary HPS: Most of it’s energy is in yellow which is barely used at all by the plant.

2 Likes

@1BigFella I know this needs to get in @Donaldj @latewood or @garrigan62 hands and maybe something can be posted for everyone to see. It would be nice.

Very true about HPS I found so many more good graphs I just google search HPS vs LED and scan through all the IMAGES pages hehe :sunglasses:

1 Like

courtesy via 420 magazine on google images thank you :pray:

3 Likes

Bridgelux and Cree comparisons

4 Likes

Pretty cool :sunglasses: can have advantages for some people and other not so much, climate has a lot to do wether it would help or not :wink:

6 Likes

Neat!:v:

4 Likes

4 Likes

3 Likes