Changing over to LEDs from T-5s

I am changing over from t5s to leds. I’m doing my research now. I have a 2x4 grow tent with a 4 " exhaust. I grow in soil mostly but moving to hydroponics. LEDs are my choice due to temp issues.

1 Like

Oh yeah. Any input is appreciated. Exactly what is blurple?

1 Like

How much money do you have to spend?

Not over $300. If possible.

1 Like

Blurple is what light looks like from led panels using mixture of red and blue leds.

You could do a real nice light for under $300 if you assemble it yourself. Is that an option?

1 Like

Yes. I can do that. I was looking at those.

1 Like

Let me see if I can find one of the members that has one. @GreenJewels @Angie @boardsbird do any of you have the info for a qb 120 or 132 build handy?

2 Likes

Here’s my build QB 120 V2 in 3000k
I managed to build it myself. Easier than I thought and we’ll worth it

6 Likes

The cost was 140 for the boards, 65 for the driver and 25-30 bucks for wire and connectors. I already had the metal for my frame

4 Likes

I was wondering which one would work.

1 Like

Either the qb 120 or 132 will work, they are very Similar in light output just require different drivers. Figure out which one is in stock and has best price in 3000k or 3500k. Once you do that I can tell you which driver to look for.

1 Like

OK. Do I use my t5s for veg and led for flower? I just read that somewhere.

1 Like

If you build a light like above you can use for whole grow

2 Likes

This is what I put together for $110 with @dbrn32 guidance . Strips plate & driver was under $100 easy.

5 Likes

Believe me
It’s good koolade!!!.I put my project in his hands no problem. I’ll have this done tomorrow.

2 Likes

@dbrn32 I’m going to go with the qb 132. Should I buy from the manufacturer? I’ve shopped and not found much.

2 Likes

Yes I would but they appear to be out of stock. I would go to hlg’s website and select “notify me” and enter email address on 3000k and 3500k. If you haven’t already purchased driver, do the same on qb 120 boards too. The two are very similar, they just have different voltage and current configurations.

1 Like

ok, i left my email. I read where they may not make the lights anymore. Say it ain’t so Joe, say it ain’t so.

1 Like

Did you select the boards that included v2 in description? I don’t see them discontinuing them right, they sell out. The orginal boards maybe, but v2 boards are pretty much same thing with upgraded leds.

Ok. Good.

1 Like