Changing from a 600w to a 1000w burning the plants?

We just went up to 1000 watts and the plants look like they are burning. They are 24" below the lights.

How many fans do you have in your grow room and what’s your temperature and also what’s your humidity with a bigger light and brighter light it will drop humidity and create a dry arid environment, to prevent that you can get another fan about 12" fan and it will cool it down also try to keep humidity around 45-50%

I will check the temp tomorrow when the lights are on. Where in the room should I put the gage? The humidity outside the enclosure is 30% so I need to raise that. They are also clawing so I flushed some to make sure it wasn’t nute burn.

“Clawing” is caused from excess nitrogen so flushing was a great move put the gage down some where you can see it and some where away from the light on side of grow room at canopy level

increasing light is rarely a bad thing the plant gets a bit of shock but it shouldn’t last past a few days the added light will also lead to them eating faster as Majik said so any excess or deficiency will be abvious fast

Not sure what’s going on. They don’t look good.

Temps still high? Low humidity? Listen to this guy @Majiktoker . raise humidity, put a bucket of water in there, the heat will make it evaporate= humidity. Good luck buddy.

82 degrees, 28% humidity. Light almost two ft. From tops.

They have grow tickets here that are not only a good idea but they’re pretty much necessary, if you could fill one out maybe we could get a better idea

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor

Light system, size?

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you smile

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA clones
Sour kush, GSC, dark star,bl cheese
Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?
Soil
System type?
?
PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?
?
What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS
Fox farm, dr earth, molasses, Epsom
Indoor or Outdoor
Indoor 5x6’
Light system, size?
1000 w hps
Temps; Day, Night
84/75
Humidity; Day, Night
25-40%
Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
yes, 6" 334 cu ft per min.
AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
Humidifier
Co2; Yes, No
No
Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you smile

@Dahlia …what kind of soil (eg. Fox Farm ocean Forest) also we need your PPM (total dissolved solids in the water)

I would have flush long before it got to this point, but that’s just how I grow. I think something is to do with feeding it

We have used dr earth with bat guano for about two years. Figured since we are using liquid nutrients we would just sift and reuse the soil.
Not sure what ppm is.

Try and keep temperature around 80 degrees and try to get your humidity up to 50% I’ll bet she’d do better

Got it down to 79. Just flushed. Light at 18-20". Another fan.
Thank you for your help!:kissing_heart::+1:t3:

And fill an 18" tray with water.

Awesome keep me updated my friend :smile: best of luck

ouch the poor ladies look more than stressed I would look at potassium myself but most likely you have a ph issue causing a lockout of nutrients not knowing your run off I can’t say for sure[quote=“Dahlia, post:11, topic:5236”]
PH of runoff or solution in reservoir??
[/quote]

Do you test ph when watering and feeding? all the nutrients in the world can be given to the plants but if the ph is out it won’t consume them.

@Donaldj … She mention she’s reusing soil too so I’m wondering if maybe it’s a toxic buildup in the reusef soil?

Some people do re-use soil over and over, but just sifting alone is not good enough, no matter what type of nutrients you are using.

You absolutely need to know how much nutrient salts have built up in the soil, testing EC or PPMs will give you a good idea about that, and pH is absolutely of utmost importance, you need to know what this is in your soil as well.

happy growing,

MacG