Change of plans grow

Well well. Here goes another bean drop. What we have here is a failure to communicate. My brain vs helping my neighbor.

3/3/21 I dropped 8 Orange Poison (Orange Rami x Durban Poison) regular photos into un ph’d dechlorinated tap water.

3/4/21 seeds went into 8 solo cups filled with Roots Organic original blend soil. And received 3oz of pH 6.7 dechlorinated tap water.

Tent: 2.5’x2.5’x5’ Vivosun

Light: Mars Hydro TS1000

Exhaust: 205cfm Vivosun 4” with matching filter

Nutes: Fox Farm Trio for veg stage, undecided for flower yet.

Currently the light is set at 28”, 25% on the dimmer which gives me a range of 99-110 ppfd at the top of the cups and 9-9.5 DLI. Temp has risen to 81f with 60% RH as there is zero air movement right now.

I will be doing an extended veg on these for a few reasons. 2 females will be given to a neighbor for his outdoor grow in approximately 2 months and 2 will be used to scrog my tent once I order, receive, and build my HLG qb260 kit for flower.

Only the strongest females will survive. Let’s just hope that I can get 4 females out of these 8 seeds.

@Nicky @Not2SureYet @Hellraiser @GreenFlex @OlyBoy98503 @kaptain3d @beardless @AfgVet @kellydans @Bulldognuts

17 Likes

Wow… Are those eventually going outside? 8 in a 2.5x2.5?

4 Likes

@BobbyDigital @Eagles009 @MattyBear @Covertgrower @Davyg @dbrn32 @Otis @KoolHandLuke @CalamityJane

5 Likes

Orange Poison sounds awesome!

4 Likes

2 will go to my neighbor for an outdoor grow, 1-2 will be scrog’d in my tent, all males removed and if there are any females left over then I have another neighbor to take those.

Unfortunately the genetic stability is a big unknown so I went with 8 beans just to be safe.

8 Likes

I have high hopes for this but who knows! Just smoked my first Durban poison last week and I absolutely loved it. So my buddy that will be receiving 2 females from this run and I decided on this strain.

7 Likes

Reg seeds? Dang hard to find these days wait where did you get these?

4 Likes

I got them from a small seed bank guy in Michigan. Actually won them in a raffle on IG.

7 Likes

That strain sounds money! Following along :v::bear:

6 Likes

Everyone, please tag in friends! This sh!tshow could be epic. I plan on updating this all the way through fall harvest for all outdoor plants that may come from it.

6 Likes

Thanks for the tag ! Sounds like your neighbors are going to be happy.

4 Likes

Intrested to see how this strain grows and how good the genetics are. Totally understand doing 8 now. :ok_hand:

3 Likes

I’m interested in how you are going to grow eight plants long enough to determine sex.

2 Likes

So, the plan will be to top all females designated to go outdoors at 7 nodes and remove the first node branches at that time leaving those girls with 6 main branches at the time they get transplanted to their outdoor beds. The neighbor that receives 2 plants will be making an in ground bed for them with 20 gallons of Roots Organic original and he will be supplementing with Fox Farms Trio for his entire outdoor season. I plan to start hardening these girls off in the beginning-middle of April so they’re ready for transplant into ground by mid-late April.

Now for the background on him. He’s a 66 year old stoner that attempted an outdoor grow for the last 3 years. His last one being his only successful harvest of 3oz. He used 7 gallon pots and had 6 plants. Didn’t use anything for nutes until they were severely malnourished and had them almost against his south facing wall that gets 20f hotter than 10 feet away. Literally touching the siding burns your hand when it’s 85f outside. His new bed will be in the middle of his fenced in back yard that has no trees and gets full sun from about 9am until about 2 hours before sunset. 6’ high privacy fence all the way around so we will be doing LST to get those girls as wide and bushy as possible to keep them under the fence.

The 1-2 that I keep will be topped at the 6th node and remove the 1st then scrog it/them and flower under the above mentioned HLG qb260 that I haven’t ordered yet. I have not decided on flower nutes yet but I am keeping a much more detailed log of what I do this time with hopes of getting 6+ ounces at harvest.

10 Likes

Haha. Me too! Most likely I’ll run out of room and have to get another tent and order my other light sooner than planned. My last run I started 4 photos in the tent with 2 autos that were mid flower. 1 died off at 2 weeks above ground. The 3 survivors I had in 1 gallon nursery pots and was able to sex all 3 before I harvested the 2 autos. I had to stunt their growth a little but not much. Unfortunately I only ended up with 1 female and she hermied on me 2 weeks into 12/12 but I got a successful seed free harvest on her somehow.

6 Likes

Sweet! You get some females which I am sure you will…don’t forget to clone! Just a suggestion in case the genetics are above average it’s better to have a jump start if your dice roll pays off and they are great genetics! Just a suggestion and set to following thanks for the tag Brother @Jake3 :ok_hand: :v:

3 Likes

I’ve thought about this and right this minute, I don’t have the space to clone, but if I’m forced to get another tent, I suppose I could make it work. May have to just tell the wife I’ve overgrown my capacity. Lmao

3 Likes

Get the tent cuz you might get lucky with more than 4 females…what if you get 6 or 8?? Would have to get the tent anyways right? If you get the tent now could do clones either way right?? I’m a bad influence though :laughing:

4 Likes

Thanks for the tag, buddy! I’m set to watch :raising_hand_woman:
Sounds like you have a good plan already.

3 Likes

Looks good! Only feedback I have is from using roots organic soil, Aurora recommends ph 5.5-6.5 for their soil. Had pretty good luck with low 6’s.

8 Likes