Change light schedule

So for 1.5 weeks I’ve been giving my autos 4 hours of dark after being 24/7 up till then
I’m regretting my decision and am wondering can I go back to 24/7 3weeks into flower as of tomorrow and 6 weeks out of soil total.

With an auto you should be able to do whatever light cycle you want at any point in the plants life.

Why are you regretting 20/4 regime? It’s generally acknowledged that a small rest period(dark) is good for a plants ability to grow.

2 Likes

Seems like they’ve been using rest to get bushy even growing nodes on the stem at soil level. I’m thinking the flowers are being neglected with vegetation.

I would say the vegetation is just a prelude to the flowering. Whatever growth they are going to do they’re going to do regardless of what Light schedule you give them

3 Likes

All of those leaves are there to produce the sugars you need to grow flowers. The buds do nothing to aid in the plants growth and in fact take (most) of the energy of the plant during flower. Having a small canopy equates to having a small yield. If that’s what you are after then…okay, but it sounds to me like your plant is doing great. Providing a dark period for nutrients to migrate from the canopy to the roots is extremely beneficial. I would stay with that light schedule myself.

3 Likes

That’s what I needed to hear

My biggest baby bud

2 Likes

Sweet!!

I’m hoping I have enough light to finish this grow. I have the blurples 3x 1000 w full spectrum draws 165 I have a 4x8x6 tent two plants under 1 x2 and one plant under the other 4 were lst and one was left tall. Growing autos. What do you think

Sorry, a bit confused.

4x8= 32 sq ft canopy

Ideally you would have 40-50 Watts per sq ft if I’m not mistaken.

@40 watts you need 1,280 watts from the wall.

If you are in a smaller space in the tent, just do the math. But you should have reflective barriers to help bounce the light back.

It sounds like this is a job for… it’s a bird, no it’s plane, wait, it’s @dbrn32 man!!!

He will swoop in and set you straight on lighting, I’m only good looking…

2 Likes

I use one long side of the tent

3 Likes

You should be fine for this grow. It’s not a lot of light but it ought to be adequate to flower out some good nugs. If you continue with this you may want to consider an upgrade but you are fine for now.

1 Like

Would it be better to try to group them up closer? They are not all the same heights that’s why it’s like this now

1 Like

In my opinion, yes.

Put something under the shorter ones to elevate the canopy.

1 Like

Just personal use, so it don’t need to be massive I expected to grow a couple but 5 out of 6 germinated. First timer luck

1 Like

Can they touch the walls? I’ve been paranoid about them touching walls and each other

1 Like

You want some airflow, so touching is ok, but not crammed.

1 Like

Ok I’ll rearrange after their nap tomorrow

1 Like

Speaking of naps…zzzzzzzz

1 Like

No, leave it alone. Stay at 12/12. Just be patient. If you have good light, you’ll have good bud

1 Like

I would get them to one side of tent and bunch lighting. You have all kinds of light hitting the floor the way you’re setup. If you want to produce the way an 8x4 is capable you’ll need a pretty serious upgrade in lighting. But lights you have will grow.