Change light cycle in flower

I am just at one week into my 12/12 cycle. Lights out at 7pm lights on at 7am. I want to change this to out at 6pm on at 6am. How would I go about doing this without stressing the plants. Tomorrow is water day for some of the plants but I need to leave at 7am when Their light would normally be coming on.

I would Imagine that turning the light off an hour early is preferred to turning on an hour early to start this cycle. If I cant do that would watering two hours before lights out when i get home be a bad thing? @Hellraiser @Covertgrower @ anyone. thanks.

1 Like

Just put your lights out for 6pm one day, let them get an extra hour of dark, as its not going to hurt them. Then the next day after your lights come on just set your lights on time to 6am.

2 Likes

right but I need to be up at 6am tomorrow.

1 Like

You would still be hitting your 12 hour of darkness mark at that point so it won’t hurt anything if you turn them on at 6am.

1 Like

7pm to 6am is only 11 hours for tonight.

Are you already past 6pm where you are? If so i would wait until you have a full day to switch them so you don’t miss your mark.

1 Like

yea I am 2.5 hours past lights out. so I need to wait and give them a little more dark rather than lights on early.

1 Like

yes, always go for the extra dark vs the extra light.

You’re not using a timer?

If it’s just watering, and your plants aren’t drooping or in desperate need of water, a day off is ok. I don’t use a exact schedule. I read the plants.

In the future, if you absolutely have to water, but can’t be there and have a trusted friend, just use distilled water. No need to pH. Just pour and go.

2 Likes

gotcha. thanks. Maybe I can push my watering back till the afternoon. I dunno.

1 Like

it always sucks to change schedules, but once they are changed its just a matter of remembering that they come on and off at different times, and your back to normal.

1 Like

I just change the timer and don’t think it, doesn’t really matter in the long run.

Only issue with watering close to lights out are that it drives up the humidity during the dark cycle, I prefer to water earlier in the day if possible, but sometimes it’s not possible and yet they’ll survive.

6 Likes

ill switch over tomorrow evening and give it an extra hour of dark. Ill just get my watering in tomorrow @7 and get yelled at by the wife. Oh well.

2 Likes

All the more reason to hang out in the grow. :grin:

2 Likes

Im with @Hellraiser on this one… an hour here or there isnt really gonna hurt anything, just be consistent thats all, dont switch back and forth a bunch of times.

5 Likes

Yep I just change it.

2 Likes

I have timers. I changed it to 6pm-6am just now. the plants in the 4x8 are all dry in 3 days as well as #1 in the 4x4. light pots and showing some droop. Thats when they get watered. except 12. The big one. She is dry in 2 days.
The other 3 in the 4x4 are dry in 5 days. Every once and a while I’ll get a plant that has water in one side of the pot still or something like that and they get to wait.

As far as anyone else watering them… lol. ya I don’t have that person. only a couple people even know about this grow and Amazon and Ac Infinity and the grow tent people and… eh I guess a few more people know than I would like. But I am not letting them touch my plants. :crazy_face:

1 Like