Change in Leaves New Grower Need Help

I think you have some bugs, but also a ph or nutrient problem. Miracle gro is tough for a lot of newbs to grow in, it’s usually the least recommended soil. A lot of people will just tell you it shouldn’t be done. The problem is trying to make up for shortcomings while nutrients are still dissolving and available to plant. Nearly impossible to look at picture and help diagnose.

3 Likes

@GrowerB

1 Like

I do see signs something is munching on the leaves but this more looks like nute burn. MG soil is very harsh and definitely not recommended for cannabis. You have no control over the massive amounts of sh!t they put in their soil. Thats why we call them babies. Babies like baby food. With MG you’re giving it the whole cow! Fingers crossed for you she makes it to harvest! Watching.

1 Like

@GrowerB did you do a slurry test for PH or runoff?

@Thatbaldguy

Agreed! I was told to use this soil but it’s my first grow & now I know for next year to use foxfarm!

I guess I did a slurry PH test. Pulled soil near plant put in the kit with the powder from the kit and mixed with the directed amount of water. All of this is a learning process for me for sure lol

1 Like

I. Trusting that you used distilled water for the test as distilled is a 0 PH and makes for a more accurate PH reading of your soil. You need your soil PH to be 6.5 to 6.8 she’s definitely burning. You can get a decent PH pen on Amazon to test your runoff as well. Runoff PH should be 5.1 to 5.5 which would put your soil within spec. As far as when you should see improvement it will take over week to show signs.

1 Like

@GrowerB i also see that you just gave it fresh soil the other day. You are hammering this little baby with nutes. She’s not ok with that. Slow down! Take you’re time. Ask the questions you think might be silly!!! We will walk you through it!!!

1 Like

@Thatbaldguy I didn’t have any distilled water on hand so I used my hose which is well water for the test. I plan on picking some up tomorrow when I’m out and I’ll run another test then.

1 Like

@GrowerB I’m watching! Dont feed it! Check the PH in you well water as well. At this point I would only use distilled water for the low PH unless your well water is comparable.

1 Like

@Thatbaldguy Will do! How often should I check the soil PH and adjust with the PH down solution?

1 Like

@GrowerB only whem you water. Let it dry some. The top of your soil should be dry to the second knuckle of your finger. The leaves might even droop. Then water the hell out of it. Get about 20% runoff. If your in a 3 gallon pot give it close to 5 gallons of water and test the runoff with a PH meter (pen).

Sorry had a busy day today but agree with th the others looks like a combo wombo of pests and ph.

1 Like