Challenging the "Don't transplant autos" rule!

@smokysmurf, congratulations on keeping her going after your transplant issue. That could have been a death blow, but it looks like you salvaged her pretty well and she’s going to do fine!

2 Likes

If you want some advice on transplanting check out @Hellraiser post lost of good advice ot mine

1 Like

Its close to the bottom

1 Like

Now I don’t believe it will. It should air prune it just like any other airpot. In theory :joy:

1 Like

Thank you @outdoorsforlife, I’ll definitely check it out.

I’m not sure on the infrared question, but I would assume that it would affect it. If so, you could always set up a relay to follow your light timer and just kill power to the cameras when your lights go out. You’d get a video loss issue on your DVR or NVR, but it will clear when they come back on.

I thought about the relay, but for now the cctv is on hold for a bit i decided to upgrade the fans in my grows. To the ac infinity t4/s4 combo for exhaust and intake. Cameras can wait

2 Likes

I bought this one here. Cheap and excellent video quality, Even in the dark

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CW4AR9K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2 Likes

I went solo cup to 5 gallon pot.

8 Likes

That’s a great looking lady there :grin: :+1:

1 Like

That’s beautiful @Psu8286. Tell us about her!

1 Like

When I started my grow I didn’t know any of the “rules for autos lol. She went from a jiffy pellet, to a 1 gallon pot, got topped, to a 5 gallon. Here she sits today, entering week 9 of flower. image

6 Likes

@Mmchugh42, I’ll bet you’re pretty happy you didn’t know those rules for autos, lol. That girl looks beautiful no matter what rules you broke!

2 Likes

@Cap_Ron I absolutely am lol. And thanks! Should be able to harvest in 2 - 3 weeks.

3 Likes

Amnesia Haze auto. I even put her into shock after I transplanted her. But as you can see she came through like a trooper.

2 Likes

Yeah, I don’t experience transplant shock, doesn’t exist in my world. My plants always take off like crazy after a transplant. It’s knowing when to transplant (cup full of roots) and not damaging or disturbing the roots. Use the banana peel method to take out of solo cups, no root disturbance or trauma.

3 Likes

@Hellraiser, you’re one of the big reasons I decided to transplant my autos. Reading your posts made me think back to how well my photos always did after transplants, and how much I always enjoyed doing it. Not only do I peel the solo cups like you do, but I consider fabric pots to be disposable, except for after a harvest, and I wouldn’t risk damaging roots to reuse a $3 item, so I cut them right down the sides as well. If anything I think sometimes I gave them an extra few days when I could have transplanted even sooner, but like you said, cup full of roots. This is an old pic, but it was their last day in the solo cups.

5 Likes

100% agree with everything above. Here’s what I do… for all plants, not just autoflowers:

I actually took that one out too early.

There’s a lot of myths and misconceptions about autoflowers that unfortunately get perpetuated. I often recommend anyone who is interested in growing autoflowers spend some time reading the Autoflower Myth Busters section over at the autoflower network.

7 Likes

I’m doing my first auto grow and started mine in cream cheese containers and transplanted into 7 gal soft pots and now their 44" tall
check out my Journal

2 Likes

He Captain, I just came across this. What happened to your grow? I see it stopped early on :thinking: