Challenging the "Don't transplant autos" rule!

Just scroll through to the pictures. I always put all the info in the first post there. After that. it is normally just a little side talk. I have been pretty relaxed on the training. I think it was the she loves me journal where I was multi topping like crazy. more so to show that not every thing you read about autos is true all the time.

1 Like

On my first grow here with Girl Scout Cookies Extreme Auto. I started in a 4" clay pot. Big mistake. The transplant couldn’t have gone worse. By the time I got the plant out of the pot there was very little soil attached to the roots. I went to a 5 gal Smart Pot and this is what my plant looks like at 36 days above soil!

2 Likes

This was my same closet back when I had 5 Godzilla Glues by Dr Underground and 1 GDP from Ken Estes in there. They were all trained. At the same time I had 3 more of the GDP’s and 1 more Godzilla Glue in one of my tents and I left those ones untrained. I definitely yielded considerably more from the trained plants in the closet, but my favorite smoke came from the top colas from the untrained plants in the tent. So I’m kind of caught not sure how much training I should do. Thanks for the advice, I’m really looking forward to checking out your journals.

4 Likes

Not hard to pick out Ken’s GDP in there, lol.

2 Likes

@smokysmurf, congratulations on keeping her going after your transplant issue. That could have been a death blow, but it looks like you salvaged her pretty well and she’s going to do fine!

2 Likes

If you want some advice on transplanting check out @Hellraiser post lost of good advice ot mine

1 Like

Its close to the bottom

1 Like

Now I don’t believe it will. It should air prune it just like any other airpot. In theory :joy:

1 Like

Thank you @outdoorsforlife, I’ll definitely check it out.

I’m not sure on the infrared question, but I would assume that it would affect it. If so, you could always set up a relay to follow your light timer and just kill power to the cameras when your lights go out. You’d get a video loss issue on your DVR or NVR, but it will clear when they come back on.

I thought about the relay, but for now the cctv is on hold for a bit i decided to upgrade the fans in my grows. To the ac infinity t4/s4 combo for exhaust and intake. Cameras can wait

2 Likes

I bought this one here. Cheap and excellent video quality, Even in the dark

2 Likes

I went solo cup to 5 gallon pot.

8 Likes

That’s a great looking lady there :grin: :+1:

1 Like

That’s beautiful @Psu8286. Tell us about her!

1 Like

When I started my grow I didn’t know any of the “rules for autos lol. She went from a jiffy pellet, to a 1 gallon pot, got topped, to a 5 gallon. Here she sits today, entering week 9 of flower. image

6 Likes

@Mmchugh42, I’ll bet you’re pretty happy you didn’t know those rules for autos, lol. That girl looks beautiful no matter what rules you broke!

2 Likes

@Cap_Ron I absolutely am lol. And thanks! Should be able to harvest in 2 - 3 weeks.

3 Likes

Amnesia Haze auto. I even put her into shock after I transplanted her. But as you can see she came through like a trooper.

2 Likes

Yeah, I don’t experience transplant shock, doesn’t exist in my world. My plants always take off like crazy after a transplant. It’s knowing when to transplant (cup full of roots) and not damaging or disturbing the roots. Use the banana peel method to take out of solo cups, no root disturbance or trauma.

2 Likes