Central VA purple Haze - first grow

Did you accidently drip some cal-mag water while watering on it? I did that and got those “blotches” but i could clean them off with plain water and my thumb (gently). The first time i did it i thought it was mold too and made a 2tbsp to 1qt mix of red apple cider vinegar and water (1qt water obviously). :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I get the exact same thing! As @TheVirginian says, it’s probably nute splash. It doesn’t seem to spread, so I’m not sure it’s mildew. I only have it on my older, bigger girls. The young 'uns are easier to water around without splashes atm.

I almost had myself convinced it was bird “residue” since I(SHE) has a feeder nearby and birds are know to poop on take off. I thought maybe it was leftovers since the ladies seem to be in a fly-over zone.
Although the way the big one is growing it might soon be a perch!

I fed this morning and I did notice a couple of new splotches later in the day. It’s hard to be careful sometimes! LOL!
Otherwise your color looks good and green on those leaves. :grinning:

Best of luck!!

DEFINITELY NOT https://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/powdery-mildew/

This guide is invaluable!

ILGM Guides

3 Likes

I haven’t gotten the cal mag yet. It’ll be here Wednesday. Lol… seems like I’m a hot mess!,

1 Like

My daughter is going thru chemo and I’m a caregiver for her and my grandson. I think everything freaks me out these days.

3 Likes

Oh wow, my best to you and your family.

I haven’t been here long, but I’ve been here long enough to know that you’ve found a community of people who care .
I know I will, and I’m sure everyone else will do all we can to alleviate your stress on this project.

You’re in the right place to set you up for success!

Much :heart: to your family.

3 Likes

@AEAgain This is the part where I jump in and say this:

Homie…ya gotta find time for yourself to decompress…your plants might be your ticket to just that. Remember to take it one day at a time! Use the time you have set aside for your grow as a mental therapy! Talk to your plants! This will help you also! And as tylersays said (hahaha) you’ve found support here! Just loaded my dab pen gonna treat it as a toast to you finding more than you even know! :sunglasses::facepunch:t2:

4 Likes

Lifting you and yours up to the One that matters in prayer :heart:

4 Likes

Thank you. I’m a mom/ grower… and, like I said, caregiver. It was a stressful week, but my girl got good news that the tumor has shrunk! So bear with me. Everything is a BFD right now.

Thanks so much for your help. I truly appreciate it.

Even though, I’m a woman, I’m still a homie and I hope that won’t make a difference. Thanks “guys”.

5 Likes

Don’t hesitate to tag someone if ya have a question :sunglasses::call_me_hand:t2:

3 Likes

Seems like every time I address one problem, another one pops up. I’ve ordered the cal mag and it will be here tomorrow. I’ve been addressing the pests with diatomaceous earth and insecticidal soap. Now, I’ve got white powdery mildew.

My neighbor, a past grower, says I need “Green Cure” but that is hard to find. It’s sodium bicarbonate and thats basically baking soda. Has anyone had powdery mildew and used this stuff before? Can I just use baking soda and how much baking soda to water?

@stizzy @oldstoner @Tylersays @grizZz

From Roberts Guide I linked above, but if you go to the link and look at the pictures I really don’t think that’s powdery mildew. It doesn’t look the same to me.

3 Likes

Looks like water splash or maybe even bird poo….that’s not mildew imo…use some watered down peroxide to try and wipe it off if it doesn’t come off then prolly hard water spot

5 Likes

i’ve gotten that when i used cal-mag in watering and was a lil sloppy (Amy Lee is GODZIRRA!!!, hard to water her and get EVERYthing without sploshing some on the way there :wink: ) , and when i MADE “calmag” with the water/milk/epsom salt. Plain water and gentle rub got it off for me and when i noticed some on leaves below that i hadn’t at first i made 2tbsp red apple cider vinegar to 1qt water and sprayed them and it was gone :wink:

but i’ve also seen the formula passed around online in various forums/threads that tylersays shared also :wink:

2 Likes

@AEAgain

Look into a product on Amazon called safegrow
It’s made completely from plant oils all organic …it takes care of Powderly mildew ,aphids ,mites
It’s an all around good product and also safe to consume the product

I also want to say my ladies are in a similar spot to yours …on my deck

3 Likes

You can ttreat it but I’m kinda in agreement with the splash and dry spot from that .

4 Likes

@Oldstoner

Another in agreement that is not powdery mildew

Powdery mildew looks dry and has texture

3 Likes

@AEAgain
I also wanted to say …once I couldn’t use the table to cover them from rain …they bacame to tall …
I left them to chance and stopped worrying about rain and wind

Mine have survived 40-50 mph wind gusts and 5 inches of rain with 25 mph sustained wind for about 8 hours …when the remnants of that recent hurricane hit up here in Jersey

The plant is very resilient and can handle a lot more than most people think …also after that weather event they took a gallon of water the next day …I have. 5” rain gauge right next to them and it was over flowing …not sure the reason the plants weren’t saturated …I’m sure the wind sucked it all out

3 Likes

I shaded and shielded my ladies until about a foot tall. Ever since it’s been full sun from sun-up till 3:30-ish everyday and to quote Eric Clapton “Let It Rain, let it rain, let your love rain down on me!”
I’m kinda shielded from wind on 3 sides, so unless it comes from dead south, I’m good on wind.

I’ve got the exact same thing.
I just don’t think that’s mildew, mainly because I see it on my deck where it dripped off the plants in the lite showers we had over the weekend. And it’s not growing in size.
Plus it disappears and reappears in other spots.

I really think you’re good.

2 Likes

Pic of powdery mildew from Roberts Guide linked above.

4 Likes

Thanks guys. I’ve raised 3 kids on my own but raising weed is stressful! Lol.

Thanks for your help. We’ll get through this. :wink:

3 Likes