Central VA purple Haze - first grow

Are you Ph-ing your water when you feed? What kind of water are you using? There are things that are pretty easy to control that can contribute greatly to the outcome of your grow.
What kind of soil are you in? That’s a big thing.
That being said, I’ve got a couple of girls going great guns in pots that I grew tomatoes in last year.
Are you using a particular nutrient package?

I’m far from an expert, but I attempted indoor growing years ago, and grew quite a few guerilla grows, though I really hesitate to use that word, back in my youth. LOL!
And I had a subscription to High Times! LOL! So… :rofl:
I truly hope you succeed and I’ll definitely do what I can to help. :slightly_smiling_face:

We dodged the showers today, which was fine, I fed this morning and didn’t want it to wash out immediately. Girls gotta eat! But of course there’s that 50% chance tomorrow!

One thing I’d recommend is getting rid of those leaves on the deck near the plants.
Dead, decaying matter is a breeding ground for microbes and critters, both good and bad, but you don’t want to let them get near your plants one way or the other. Any leaves the plant drops you want to get away too.
Preventative maintenance.

BTW - LOVE the kitty! Squirrel Guard!

3 Likes

Yep. The yard/deck have gotten out of hand this year. Working from home but never worked so many hours. Gotta have some free time. I’ll get it all done. Thanks for your advice.

2 Likes

I don’t see any issues with pics you posted. Keep doing what you’re doing

3 Likes

Yup. As plants get to that ripe old age… (sexual maturity) they lose the symmetrical branching and get a lil funky. At least thats what Ive learned and semi confirmed thru my noncollegiate google degree lol. Nothing to be alarmed of. Happy growing

2 Likes

Had to shade the girls yesterday. The heat index was 104. Then, we had a thunderstorm warning that mentioned hail, so I put up the umbrella and the storm missed us.

Been taking alot of pictures and noticed something new. Maybe somebody can tell me what this is.

@Oldstoner @Tylersays @Stizzy92 @PurpNGold74

2 Likes

Looks like she’s showing you she’s a lady. I believe it’s a tiny pistil

4 Likes

@PurpNGold74 … Those Virginian boys have both of us beat. You’re in S.C. and I’m in N.C. and we are falling behind in the state laws!

4 Likes

Yep it’s a girl

1 Like

About 6’2" and I think she is just going into 2nd stretch just before flowering. I had to move some of mine back up to a shady spot also.

4 Likes

Wow! When did that sprout? I’m way behind. Mine are in week 7.

Think we’ve got some rust fungus.
A

Also, maybe some sort of deficiency.

@Stizzy92 @AfgVet @Tylersays @Oldstoner

This stuff happens fast!

3 Likes

Have you been using calmag? Try adding it into your feeding regimine and see if that doesn’t help. Also try and make sure your ph is between 6.0 and 6.5. Don’t want that soil getting to hot.

1 Like

I’ll give that a try. Thanks!

1 Like

I’m having mag problems right now with my gorilla glue auto. I ran out of calmag and it started over last few days. Waiting on amazon to bring me more now.

1 Like

I have to agree with @Stizzy92 , the CalMag seems to give the girls a nice boost and I haven’t seen any signs of nute burn or anything. Even after several full strength FF feedings.
Finally broke down and got a clean 5gallon bucket for mixing and fed the girls this morning - Ph - 6.3, PPM - 1305. I didn’t check the run off but I will next time.

The second pic almost looks like some kind of critter damage. I had a fight with a caterpillar and have leaf suckers everywhere that don’t really seem to be doing any damage so I leave 'em be.
But, every few days I’ll find a fan leaf or two that something had a gnaw on. I inspect the plant closely and remove any critter other than the suckers - they come right back.

Get the CalMag and start with the smaller dose and see the response and adjust up from there towards the max.
And of course, look out for critters!

Also, the bug and deficiency guides on the site are loaded with photos and info covering about eveything under the sun! Literally! LOL

Good Luck and Happy Growing Everyone!

2 Likes

Thanks, dude.

I would definitely add some calcium magnesium to your routine. Give it with water in your non feed days. Make sure you ph it

1 Like

I tested the pH of the water I’m using and the soil. That looks ok. I ordered cal mag. Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Mine are chewing through Cal-Mag right now

Looks like this afternoon, we have a case of white powdery mildew. What? How do I get rid of this? My neighbor says “the green cure”. I can’t find a site that looks reputable.

This sh** happens fast!

@Stizzy92 @TheVirginian @Tylersays @Oldstoner

1 Like