Central VA purple Haze - first grow

Just as an added comment. I was watering my girls this morning around 11 and two F-22s flew low and slow over my house. I heard that they were part of UVAs pregame. Pretty cool to see that.

3 Likes

They’re getting so big! :star_struck:

1 Like

Isn’t it fun when they start to go nuts? My auto are really busting out now. Every day taller and fatter.

1 Like

3 Likes

Looks great!

We just got a band of torrential rain from that tropical system off the coast. One of the girls bent way over and when I tried to move her back and shake off the rain, she almost fell over. :scream:

Now that I’ve seen what heavy rain can do to heavy branches, I’m going to have to make better arrangements for storms.

1 Like

You need some tall skinny poles, like bamboo, you can stick into the pots and tie them up to it.
I’m getting my flagging ready for tying heavy branches and buds to the tomato cages.
We haven’t gotten any rain for a while now - fine with me!
We’ve had some sprinkles, which is just as bad for humidity, but been dodging the bullet.
Can’t say the same for caterpillars. Little green bastards!
I’ve pulled a few off my big GDP when I noticed they were eating the buds up!
Went to Ace and got some Jacks for caterpillars but since we’ve got a little sprinkle now I’m waiting to apply.
Ugg! Mr. Green Jeans never seemed to have these problems! :rofl:

Your girls are looking GREAT!! Those buds are stacking up nicely!!
After those few warm days I’ve seen an explosion of growth. Today it seemed like every budsite had a new crown of bright white hairs standing tall!
Even the biggest - which has been the slowest to really start flowering, has started to bust out!

We’re closing in on the end. Six days left til natural 12/12. Depending on weather patterns I’m currently planning at least another 2 weeks of bloom nutes before flipping to plain water for the end flush.

OMGoodness! When I brush against the New York Diesel the small of diesel wafts in the air for a minute!! I love my new hobby!

Happy Growing Everyone!!

1 Like

I have stakes, but didn’t tie them tight enough. I’ve been out several times to shake the excess off. It’s still raining but slow and steady now. Just watered with bloom nutes this morning. May give them 1/2 a dose in a few days if we don’t get anymore rain.

I saw that rain was coming but my grandson was starting with me while my daughter had some medical tests done this afternoon. Seems bad to me to expose an 11 year old to weed growing. Guess it’s the stigma more than anything. He’s a sweet kid and I wouldn’t want him to think I’m doing something bad. :smirk:

2 Likes

I’m a little worried that the storm yesterday stressed my best girl. Please tell me it’s ok.

Heavy rain again and when I checked the girls, I found a broken branch. I put some honey on a piece of flannel fabric and wrapped the break, then secured the branch to the main stalk. Hope it works. :sleepy:

Anybody else have more advice?

@TheVirginian @Tylersays @Stizzy92 @Hooscrazy

That’s really about all you can do. Try to support it as much as possible, which I’m sure you’re doing.

This stupid rain has got to go! Of course, as I type that it starts straight up pouring!!
According to our local weather jerk the next 9 days will be cool and dry - so hopefully it holds true.

My smaller NYD - who has the prettiest buds, was looking so sad yesterday evening in the rain so…

I lowered the AC to 72 and turned on the ceiling fan to help her dry off some. She looks a lot happier this afternoon.
I’m gonna get back there later and do some tying up and fan leaf culling.
The flowers are just so pretty I didn’t want to risk it.
Unfortunately I couldn’t get the rest in, but I did huddle them together and against the house as best I could. There were looking good, but soggy, this morning.

HGE!!

1 Like

At this point not much more that you can do that I am aware of. I am a little apprehensive about what I am going to find this evening

2 Likes

Good luck @Hooscrazy

I’ve tied up some other branches that were sagging. The buds are so heavy the branch can’t support them.

If this doesn’t work, I’ll have a little early harvest to sample.

2 Likes

The first few times i broke on, i was very anal about wrapping it tight with tape after the honey. The last 2 or 3, i coated with honey and just tied the branch to support it (as long as it’s not broken OPEN, and is just a BEND “break”). If it is an “open wound” you can see the core of the stalk on i would go on and wrap with a supportive tape (bandaging tape i’ve seen a few use on here, i used clear packing tape) after applying honey :slight_smile: hope she turns out to be ok

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Think I’ve still got 4 to 5 weeks. The sun is getting so low in the sky, the girls are only getting a few hours of direct light per day. Do the buds look okay? I think some of them look discolored. Hoping no mold or rot. Maybe it’s just the purple haze.

1 Like

they look very nice to me :slight_smile: i’m not an expert by any means but you look good so far. I’ve been carefully “flexing”/bending my buds slightly looking deep in them to check for moisture from all that rain (and of course for mold/rot). I have a big industrial floor fan out there blowing on them which dried the leaves off in a lil over an hour and by this morning after it stopped raining again had them dried off again, lol and by this afternoon no buds on any plant seemed to have excessive moisture from the fan, the heat and the direct sun but i’m like you now…only getting 4 to 5 hours direct sun

1 Like

Thanks for your help. I’m just worried at this late date, I won’t know a threat if I see it. I did notice the discoloration seemed purple, so that makes sense.