Central VA purple Haze - first grow

Looking very nice chopps. Cute bully too :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Chopps, strangely mine are tall and skinny but are blooming nicely. The tallest is probably 7’.

Sweet!! Damn they are tall. Mine is about 3’ round and about 3’ tall with bud sites everywhere. I lollipopped it about 2 weeks ago. Just starting to smell. I could sit there and watch it grow all day!!

2 Likes

Agreed. Mine were always lanky and that may be inexperience, however, each bud is getting maximum sunlight without trimming. Beginners luck.

2 Likes

Lol… thinking about that… there are probably 5,000 homes at “the lake.” Wonder how many of them are growing weed?

1 Like

Hahaha, that whole place would be smelling SO nice :smiley:

1 Like

Opened the door this morning to let the cats outside and water the girls and almost walked face first into a big ugly spider and it’s web. :flushed::exploding_head::scream:

Fourth week of bloom nutes. They’re looking good.

How’s everybody else doing?

1 Like

lookin’ VERY nice @AEAgain !!! mine are pluggin’ along too out there but not as thick as yours yet.

1 Like

Absolutely beautiful day here today. Lightly watered my girls this morning. Was about to pick a brown leaf off a bud with my fingers when I realized it was a big brown spider! That mf is dead now. I don’t care how many insects they eat. Sorry!

Watching 9/11 memories. I was at work when my mom called to tell me what was happening. My girls were at Longwood and stayed together. My son went to mom’s house. My boss said we needed to focus on work. :unamused::exploding_head:

Where were you?

2 Likes

Yes - it was a beautiful day today here also!
I was working a surveying job at the time and had actually called out that day. I went back to sleep after calling my boss and literally woke up and just turned on Good Morning America about 10 minutes before the second plane hit the tower.
I literally had to call my boss to make sure what I was seeing was really happening and I wasn’t in some F’d up dream.
Unfortunately, it was not a dream.
I sat in front of the TV all day alternating between disbelief and heartbreak.

I walked outside about 10 that night and there was just this eerie quiet. No planes in the sky and even the crickets and the night calling birds were silent.

I cried so much that day I ran dry.

2 Likes

I agree. The skies with no planes was eerie.

1 Like

Found evidence of a spider mites on a bloom. Can you spray blooms? I didn’t think so.

1 Like

yes with Capt Jacks Dead Bug but you’ll need to do a bud wash

1 Like

I’ve got spiders all over the place, of every size. I’ll be sure to do a bud wash. Thanks.

1 Like

sucks to have to hit the GOOD spiders too but if you’re sure you have the spider mites you NEED to do it so you don’t lose your hard efforts this first run. Your plants have been SO healthy. I ran into similar this morning, rough day, lol. Teensy, was a dude,…like Albert Lee , in same planter box. Now Sylvia is alone in there but has a lot of room to grow but SHE, had THREE fuzzy caterpillars on her and i urged them onto big lower fan leaves with scissor tips, then snipped the fan then the worms in half, lol. Get to back yard and find some sort of feces that looks like what i saw online was caterpillar feces on leaves just below my biggest , stickiest bud on the Femtastic Five gal that i accidently knocked a complete budsite branch off of weekend before last while mowing. I prodded inside the bud while bending it and “rolling” it gently in my fingers (that’s how i know it was like FLY paper, lol, VERY tacky) but i think whatever was eating on it had already vacated. Those girls have the parasitic wasps on them every day and did this morning also and i looked on the ground to see if maybe it’d already gotten the caterpillar it was dead with some larvae on it but no such luck on the Nat Geo live phenomenon :smiley:

1 Like

Yes, when I unwrapped the spider mites webs around the bloom, it was super sticky. So, I tried to do as little damage as possible. I know big spiders are good, but they freak me out. At least this one was outside.

I’ll take a look at the buds tomorrow morning. I have to stand on a chair to see the upper ones and can’t even see the main colas.

I can’t even imagine what caterpillar feces looks like so maybe you should share a pic. Lol

We’re close to 12/12. Not long now.

i knew i should have taken a pic but i thought “some might find that crude, posting doodie pics” :smiley: it looked like runny blackberry seed feces :wink: If you browser search caterpillar feces it will show you more than you wanted to see, lol :smiley: Not all of it was runny, some looked like black poppy seeds would be best size description i could give

At work in Farmville.

1 Like

Nice image. Lol

My girls went to Longwood. Howdy neighbor!

They loved Farmville and visited that area often. Fond memories. I know Rt 15 like the back of my hand. Lol

2 Likes