Central VA purple Haze - first grow

Thank goodness!

Apparently, this wind velocity radar shows upper rotation of clouds when the green and red bars are close together. I’m trying to find that radar online!

1 Like

The girls seem to be okay after their trip indoors. Today was the 3rd watering with bloom nutes and they’re looking good. 5 more weeks of bloom nutes and 2 weeks of flush makes the harvest in late October.

So… do you kind of play it by ear on the nutes and the flush according to the appearance of the buds?

3 Likes

Yeah - best bet is to keep a close eye on the girls and adjust accordingly. These cooler nighttime temps should really stimulate the girls to start producing heavily. And we’re 17 days from a natural 12/12 outside - they’ll really take off then!! YAY!!
Thank JesuAllaBuddha for the lower humidity too!! We had mid to upper 30% yesterday and it really helped to dry the excess moisture from the rains. I’d like to see the humidity stay below 50% for the next 2 months! LOL! As if Virginia will allow that to happen! :joy: I walked out there a few minutes ago and saw some glistening on my little buds and for the first time in a week it was trichs and not water!
I’ve found a couple of bad spots on both GDP and cut them out, so far the NYD hasn’t had any issues but the flower clusters aren’t as thick as the GDP yet.
The SSkunk is behind in flowering but coming on strong so I’ll have to keep an eye on her too soon. She needs a little thinning TBH.
The recent arrival to the deck is WAY behind the others and did take a little pause after the shock of seeing the real sun, but she’s looking great now and has new growth emerging, so she’ll get a grip and decide what she’s gonna do soon enough. I should cut her into about 50 clones and do a SoG in the 2x2 after they root! That might be fun!! Hmmmm…so many things you can do with this plant!!
In addition to smoking it, of course! :rofl:

What kind of bloom nutes are you using? My outside girls are eating through the Cha-Ching quickly. I might have to order more for the inside ladies. I feel like I should stick with FF since that’s where I started.

Oh hey - The first grow shop opened in town!! well, technically 2 counties over, but with the urban spread it might as well be in town! LOL
Looks like they have a lot of good stuff too. It’s already open but celebrating Grand Opening tomorrow. Hoping to slide by and check out the prices and products they have on hand. May be getting more bloom nutes and it looked like they had the entire FF line in house.
See non-believers, legalization stimulates jobs and the economy!!
I’m sure there’s plenty of new shops around the state now.

Your girls are looking GREAT!! You’re gonna be shocked at how much they’ll fatten up over the next few weeks! This is when all the hard work starts to pay off!

HGE!!

2 Likes

What’s the name of the new shop? Where at?

1 Like

Peaks View Hydro in Forest Virginia…not really near the coast! LOL!
We’re up against the mountains here.
It might be in New London, which is what that little area of Forest is called.
If I remember correctly, that area was once part of Thomas Jeffersons summerhouse plantation, Poplar Forest.
I’m sure he’s in his grave right now giving a big :ok_hand: :love_you_gesture: :v: :+1:
LOL!

2 Likes

The weather has been great! It is not conducive to sitting at a computer all day, but at least I’m working at home so I can step outside any time.

2 Likes

I just heard of them yesterday. I’m over in Farmville so we will hit them soon. We go up 5th Season in Charlottesville too. Great people up there. Farmville had B & M Greenhouse that Carrie’s all kinds of soils, nutz, etc… No lights, tents, etc…

2 Likes

Cool - Farmville isn’t too far away!
I was shocked by how much weed-centric stuff Ace Hardware has in town. And tons of useful supplements and stuff.
I didn’t see any lights but they did have hangers for them so maybe the lights are coming soon.
They did a have a couple of strip LEDs for seedlings and heating mats, etc.
But I was most impressed by the nutes and supplements.
I haven’t been to 5th Season yet, but I’ve heard good things about the people.
We used to go up to C’ville a lot but the older I get the more boring I am. LOL!
Let me just sit on the porch with my critters, joint, tunes and a bottle of beer and I’m fine!

HGE!!

1 Like

I’ll have to find that store this weekend in Cville. I go into town early because after the UVA students wake up, it’s a madhouse! :rofl:

@Tylersays, 5th Season is near Bodos on Preston Avenue. Two birds…

1 Like

Years ago I worked on a huge survey project on campus and it was so nice the week of spring break.
When they came back the following week they obviously had a huge party where we were working and there were empty cups of grain soaked fruit all over the place that Monday morning.
By noon the heat of the sun was baking all those Solos and the stench was HORRIBLE!!
But we were right near the drafting and design part of campus so all the kids were really cool and interested in what we were doing.
They would bring us bottles of water all day long and one frat would give us a six pack for the ride home everyday! LOL! Never did Michelob taste so cold and sweet! LOL!

edit: We had to measure the circumference of the tree canopy so they could design for minimal impact to the environment. I really respected that!

1 Like

As Tyler said, it’s on Preston Ave, RIGHT beside Settle Tire Co. (used to work there :slight_smile: ). That used to be a car dealership, then it was a vespa dealer, lol. Now, it’s actually a COOL business and the lady who runs it is VERY nice and knowledgeable.

1 Like

my bad @AEAgain , it was you who said it so obviously you KNEW it was beside settle tire co :slight_smile: Maybe it will help Tyler on his first visit there.

1 Like

It’s near the salon where I get my hair cut. I didn’t know it was there. It’s been a year and a half since I’ve been anywhere except for groceries or garden supplies.

1 Like

Can’t believe how much these buds have plumped out since the weather has gotten a little cooler! It’s amazing!

1 Like

yeah my outdoor ladies are starting the WHAM BAM SHAZAM too :slight_smile: Beautiful sight isn’t it? When inspecting mine earlier, i caught some cottonwood stuck in some bud sites and got that out FORTHRIGHT so it’s not tricking anyone later all tangled down in there as to what it might be :wink: Also saw, where a fan leaf meets the main stem, a “pile” of that brown dust looking stuff like my neighbor across the creek had on his plant a few months ago. NO idea what that is but she got DOUSED with CJDB!!! i’m out of that and all i have now is Neem in a concentrate bottle. Need to get a concentrate bottle of CJDB before my buds become victims to pests after such a successful vegetation mostly unscathed by them…

1 Like

I had some of that rust looking stuff on a fan leaf early in the grow and wiped it off with water and white vinegar. Didn’t see it again, thank goodness.

It is awesome to see buds going crazy! My only worry now is theft. My neighbor is going to put his house in the market and had a landscape crew remove all the small trees between our yards… some of them on my property. Now, my girls are in full sight of his house. Anyone who looks at the house will see my deck and I’m pretty upset about that. Another neighbor brought over a sheet of lattice to disguise them a little. I need to think about some sort of security to install.

not that YOU should have to incur any cost, but if it were THAT much of a worry for you, you can get those prefab fence panels (6ft high by 8ft long) for not TOO awfully expensive to line across the back area. you don’t even have to do all the way across. Just say maybe 3 or 4 panels centered. That way you will sEE them being ‘nosey’ if they’re peeking from the corners and just ask them “something i can help you with?”
lol

and without “calling you out” in a vulnerable way, i’ll just say that sure looks like a certain “lake neighborhood” i’m well familiar with in your County :wink: Even if not the “main lake neighborhood” the surrounding/adjoining ones are recognizable also :slight_smile: I’ve done a LOT of work in “that neighborhood” over the 26yrs i’ve lived in this area :wink: :slight_smile: And i feel your pain on the paranoia with neighbors. I cannot STAND being house on house on house with other people like that, lol. it’s why i moved here :wink: VERY rural. I can BARELY see the neighbor’s house at top of the hill behind me and that’s only cause they cleared some of MY trees also…grrrr.

1 Like

Agreed. My daughter lives about 2 miles from me and it’s a safe place to live. I tend to obsess about threats so I’m probably overreacting. I’ve got some ideas for cheap security. I’ve got my attack cat.

2 Likes

Update: how are your girls doing? Pics? My PH is flourishing nicely. She’s 4 weeks in, plenty of time to get fat and happy!

CHOPPS

2 Likes