Central VA purple Haze - first grow

Ok one more time, Central Maine Purple Haze. She’s looking really good.

1 Like

Nice! Do you have a grow journal? Id like to see how your ladies turn out.

Ok. Checking out the girls and they look good. The only thing that bothers me is a branch yellowing mid- plant. I’ve had several yellow lower on the plant but this kinda concerns me.

1 Like

@Stizzy92 , you ok?

You know I have one/had one. Tried to get back into it, tells me my password isn’t valid. I’ll keep trying

1 Like

Never get tired of zooming in to look at these.

2 Likes

Would you look at that.

2 Likes

So my neighbor, who has only grown inside, is telling me that once buds show, don’t let them get wet! How in the heck do you grow outdoors without getting buds wet??

Looks like we’ll get some rain from Ida. The forecast changes every hour, though.

1 Like

We got a good downpour last night that I was expecting, so I pulled the bags under the eaves of the roof and that worked pretty well. They didn’t get overly watered, so I’m looking at the amount of rain we’re forecast to get from Ida and I think I’ll try to pull them in again. Hope they don’t grow too much taller.

1 Like

I’ve been thinking about Ida a lot - speaking of - storm activity to the NW of here now. Hoping it stays up over the mountains tonight.
It’s the end of the season, so I’m hoping I can go to Big Lots or Ollies or one of these discount houses and find one of those pop up gazebo type things. Square or round, I don’t care, but I’m thinking I gotta have something to keep the indicas from the direct onslaught of water. The humidity is bad enough without the direct water on the buds. You can only shake so much water off/out of the buds. I’ve already found a couple of spots of rot - which I cut out immediately!

I really need to get out there and do some trimming to open up the airflow. I was trying to go as natural as possible - even though I used chemical nutes, but I don’t want dead or dying leaves to attract any undesirables to the party. I’ve done pretty good until last week when I started battling mites in the tent.
Whole different story…but - I think I won!! YAY!
Overall, they’re doing pretty well!

Yours are coming along well too!!
I see the weed fairy has made a few passes, sprinkling her magic dust over them!
Excellent!!

If we can just make it through the next couple of months… :crossed_fingers:

HGE!!

2 Likes

Just got a hard shower here with some wind. I moved the bags as close to the house as I could the tallest girl, Too Tall Jones, is brushing the gutter. The rain weighted the branches and the wind tilted the stalks.

Is rain bad for sativas, too?

I don’t look on rain by itself to be “bad”. Wind and rain, maybe, but it’s the wind. High humidity even without the rain can be bad. Just keep an eye on the bud, but you should be doing that anyways.

2 Likes

Thank you! Yeah, I keep a close eye on the buds.

Have to admit, I’m a little nervous about all the rain. I wasnt too worried about wind until I watched the weather forecast. Things could change but I’m not waiting till the last minute to plan. I’m thinking I’ll try to tie/wrap the branches in closer to the stalk and stablize them against the house a little more.

1 Like

So the weather forecast for Ida kinda freaked me out a little. I was worried about wind, so last night, just before dark, I dragged all the girls inside. Thought I might have a heart attack. Lol…I can laugh now.

So, then, the emergency broadcast system warnings start … that sound strikes terror in my heart. Radar indicated tornadoes. Lightning and torrential rain just to the west and very few raindrops here. We were lucky. The girls would’ve been safe outside anyway. :joy:

How did everybody in VA fare with Ida?

1 Like

I huddled them in close together and closer to the house.
Luckily we didn’t really get any wind and it’d have to come from dead south to really damage them. The front and rear of my house pretty much face due North and due South. That’s why the driveway in front of the garage grows moss! LOL! And it’s asphalt! LOL!

The sun peeped out this afternoon and I took a few minutes and moved them back to their spots and gave them some good shaking then damn if it didn’t come another downpour!! Virginia…LOL!

All in all though we made it through unscathed!

HGE!!

2 Likes

Ummm, we literally ARE neighbors, lol. I’m just across the river and up a mile or so, from Howardsville :wink: Glad you avoided any damaging storm fury. Just been rain here all day. Wind picked up a few times this morning and early afternoon but settled back to steady drizzle then on.

1 Like

I’m in Fluvanna, about 30 minutes away. Small world. Hope you weathered the storm well. I was sweating it for a bit. Stayed up way too late. Since I brought the girls inside, my whole house smells like weed, but that’s not a bad thing. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cool, the radar map you showed is what made me think you were a LOT closer. Schuyler is right across the river from me by crow’s flight :wink: Highland on the James, IS directly across the river from me :slight_smile: I have a lot of friends in Fork Union/Fluvanna area :slight_smile:

1 Like

I took that pic because my son used to be interested in the weather and I thought the wind velocity radar was really amazing. Wanted to show him. Eventually, that storm moved north about 5 miles from my home and a tree fell on a car… terrifying.

I worked with a Cville site constructing company many moons ago and a lot of the guys on the crew lived in Nelson. Big area, small town.

1 Like

Yeah, i realized what you had posted was telling ME, that i narrowly averted it also, lol. We were oblivious (me and the dogs, and my feral yard panthers) to it all :slight_smile:

1 Like