Cellular cutting?

This is probably where i went wrong i bought a magazine called grow and they had a 2 paragraph thing about a cellular cutting for when you have been keeping a strain going with feminized pollen and no male’s and when the seeds have a problem rooting and growth is getting slower to do this and you can bring back you strain to glory. Now my question is how would i do this at home and is it even possible to do at home some information i found i thought was total bs and others say it only can be done in a lab so I’m asking you guys im sure it can’t be that hard.

Sounds more complicated than it needs to be. You can just take cuttings and root them without any pollen.

3 Likes

Im going to post the article later or take pictures of it and post it.

2 Likes

This is exactly how alot of the commercial growers are doing it now a days… some how its supposed to keep your genetics cleaner and more stable…
Not sure …I’ll have to read up on it more… :grin:

:v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Yes that it keep your strain going with out ever having to have a male and to keep your seeds from not rooting or grow than stagnate and take forever to grow typically your supposed to do this every 4 or 5 generation but i don’t know enough about it to try at home

2 Likes

O.k. I need to apologize it’s not grow magazine it’s in high times

2 Likes

The elaboration there is based on clones taken from feminized seeds?

That is what I’m guessing but left me with a ton more questions after reading this a couple times

I think that’s where question was coming from, but I don’t believe reasoning for process is limited to that.

I’m interested to learn more about it or how to do it

@garrigan62
Would you know anything about this by chance i would like to try and do this if i can at home

So your saying you can clone a autoflowering plant? Just to be sure thats what you meant.

Where did I say that? I didn’t realize autoflowers were mentioned anywhere in this thread.

1 Like

No cloning auto flowers… its pointless… :wink:

2 Likes

Ok, copy that. :100:

1 Like

Actually @garrigan62 did a great write up on cloning autos. They did great.

Team 101 { Experiment } Auto Grow, Clone Or Not To Clone Auto's

That tread only proves my point… taking clones from autos is pointless… it continues to flower just like its mother… too much time and investment for no return…
I never said that you can’t take clones from an auto , I just think its pointless… :wink:

1 Like

Plus once its dried it’s less than a quarter oz and you spent more than that on soil and nutrients and running your light’s and everything else

1 Like

I was just checking for information because i have two autos going more auto beans in storage. But i have photo Fem too. Will wait to try cloning on them. Just wanted to learn the process i don’t have room for sea of green with multible plants.

1 Like

Sorry… :grin:
my comments were ment for @WickedAle:wink:
Not you… @Chasworks… other then it’s a waste of time and money… :grin:
Go photo… :+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:
Unless your outside in a rural area… :wink:

1 Like