CBD Indica Readiness

Hey everyone I’m 8 weeks into flower on a CBD Blueberry Indica. My sound like A stupid question but how should the trichomes look. I know the rules for standard THC rich strains but what about a CBD heavy strain ? Should I wait for more Amber ?

I am going to set this to watch. I have two high CDB hemp plants and was wondering the same thing.

I found this so I believe that it’s the same rule as predominant THC plants. More Amber trichomes more CBN more couch lock and less THC. I guess the only question I still have is does the way the trichomes change colour reflect the levels of CBD also ?

edited to remove unauthorized link

What would folk say the ratio of clear/cloudy/Amber is here please ?

1 Like

You have a ways to go. Harvest same as regular cannabis. Just like its intoxicating counterpart CBD will oxidise and degrade.

You want at least 90% of the hairs to be red. If you want couchlock let like 20% of the trichomes ON THE BUD (not the sugar leaves) turn amber.

1 Like

@Docnraq how long would you say another couple of weeks ?

At least, it doesn’t look like foxtailing so things are good. Lets grab a few more opinions tho. @Covertgrower @PurpNGold74 @MidwestGuy @Myfriendis410 can you please look at plant above and offer an estimate of time for maturation?

2 Likes

I’d let it run out some more. A couple of weeks sounds about right.

3 Likes

I agree, lots of white pistils still, and they’ll gain some weight after they swell.

2 Likes

Thanks all !!

1 Like

We Ricks gotta stick together.

1 Like

Itching to cut this down - how much longer please folks ?

1 Like

CBD is harvested earlier than THC plants.
You will need to sign into YouTube to watch but it a good educational video.

2 Likes