Cbd for arthritis

Hello! I’m doing some recon for my Dad who has arthritis. He’s open to giving Cannabis a shot and I was hoping to hear Recommendations on where to start. If I can find him something that helps I’ll grow him some going forward.

Thanks very much :slight_smile:

2 Likes

hey @TALKINTOBOB i decarb weed and put in capsules and it works…
@Hogmaster has a coconut oil recipie that i’m trying next. it is supposedly even better than just decarbing weed…

When done correctly, this recipe will take 10 days

First you must decarboxylate your raw material. Use the whole plant minus the roots. This will give you the highest medicinal effect.

Heat oven to 200-212 degrees. Put desired plant material in a mason jar and seal the top. Put jar in oven for 45 minutes.
After decarboxylation remove from oven and let it cool over night. This will allow the terpenes to absorb into the plant material.

Fill this jar with Organic Coconut Oil. Fill to the top of the jar covering all the plant material.
Cook in a water bath at 118 degrees for 5 days. Stir occasionally.
Remove from water bath and filter Coconut Oil. Squeeze the material to remove all the oil.
Re-fill the jar with new oil and heat for an additional 3 days. Remove from water bath and filter.

Now add Sunflower liquid Lecithin. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons to one cup of coconut oil.

This can be used as an oral or topical solution. Enjoy.

6 Likes

I have RA and Cannabis has stopped me from getting flare ups for a few months. I personally get a 100 mg chocolate bar and eat like 1-2 pieces a day that is about 20 mg a dose. Edibles last a lot longer and if you are just looking to supplement your endocannabinoid system and not get LIT its a good dose. If you are adventurous you can go and get Gel Caps to make your own meds out of coconut oil infused with cannabis. There is some math involved but you can dial in the correct dose needed to help with his arthritis.

2 Likes

What does decarboxylate mean? Chop? And how can i cook for 5 whole days? Id love to give this a go. Is it loaded? Like will I be in outer space as I have home made oil now but always seems to take too much and I can’t get off the bloody couch! X

2 Likes

That’s exactly what I was looking for, thanks!

1 Like

Science time lol @stells Decarboxylation is the process that you heat up the cannabis. You put your cannabis in the oven at 240 for 40 minutes. When you get cannabis It contains the chemical THCa (a for acid) Heating it up knocks the (A) off so it it just THC. This is what happens when you smoke it it burns off the A and you get high. When you smoke cannabis your body converts the THC to Delta 9 thc and you get lit. But when you eat cannabis the body converts it to Hydroxy 11 Thc which is a much heavier chemical so you feel a much more intense buzz then say smoking it. It also lasts a lot longer then delta 9 thc. Hope this helps. Decarb BHO is just a little different you don’t want to let it go for a really long time because the longer you heat hash oil the more sleepy it makes you. If you want good night time sleep meds decarb oil for a longer amount of time.

2 Likes

Got ya…thanks for explaining that. Now, apologies in advance if this sounds silly, but is there a way of not getting the high? Obvs when taking for medicinal purposes? Thanks x

Well THC is the active compound in cannabis that makes you high. So either you can find low % thc strains ie… Harley Quinn or Cannatonic #4 Charlotte’s Web I know that Cannatonic is 14% CBD and 7% thc according to my dispensary. Try to remember that there is a ratio of like 2-1 CBD to THC and their symbiotic relationship. To really get the full effects of this medicine you want 2 mg cbd to 1 mg THC its almost like it help as a carrier from what i have read the little bit of THC make the CBD more effective. Also from my understanding is CBD helps counteract the THC in Cannabis. So if you are a little higher than you want to be take more CBD and it will help ease up the THC effects.

1 Like

Also if you dont want any Effect take just CBD oil then you wont get any high at all

1 Like

I take CBD oil now. Not working x

1 Like

How do you cook something 118 deg for a week I need some oil for arthritis also but have not been able to find many recipes. I also have about 2 pounds of fan leaves is there anything I can do with those

Are use a sous vide cooker

1 Like

You can also try these methods.

One is for making coconut oil/budder and the other for tincture.

The instant pot budder takes less than 2 hours from start of decarb to usable budder/oil.

Here’s the method I follow to make Basic Cannabudder/cocobudder:

I use 1oz dried buds per 1/2 cup of coconut oil or ghee. This ends up making enough for 26-30 doses ~ 175mg THC each, depending on strain.

Tools:
-Oven
-2 pint Mason Jars with lids
-baking tray
-2 oz ice cold Everclear
-1/2 cup melted Refined Coconut oil, Ghee, or a mix of the two
-30 grams quality bud
-Electric pressure cooker
-Cheesecloth or linen bag
-glass bowl/pyrex cups
-small collander that fits onto bowl
-spatulas, spoons, etc
-trivets/towels
-boiling water
-gloves

1.Heat oven to 230°F;

1. Lightly ground bud, divide between 2 pint jars, gently tighten the lids and back off by a ¼ turn;

2. Place jars on tray and put into oven. Turn-up heat to 250°F and bake for 15 minutes;

3. Gently shake jars and then allow to decarb for another 15 minutes;

4. After 30 minutes total baking time, remove jars from oven and allow to cool for about 15 minutes, remove lids, then spritz/drizzle in 1oz of Everclear per jar, thoroughly stirring and crunching the decarbed bud and fluid;

5. Add ¼ cup melted oil to each jar, thoroughly crunching and strirring;

6. Place lids back on jars, just barely tighten them, and then back off by ¼ turn;

7. Place jars in Pressure Cooker, using a trivet/towel to keep jars off bottom of pot; add hot water til half-way up jars;

8. Pressure cook for 30 mins (sometimes I do 2x15 minute cycles, stirring between them);

9. Allow cooker to depressurize and remove jars; allow to cool about 5 minutes;

10. Place a collander over a glass bowl/cup, line it with cheese cloth/linen bag, and thoroughly strain your herbs from your oil.

You’ll end up with between ⅓-½ cup of immediately usuable and very potent Budder. I don’t add lecithin to my budder recipe, but that doesn’t mean you can’t.

Quick Wash Ethanol Tincture

2 Likes

Thanks a lot.

1 Like