Caveman86 2.2 grow - Lemon Jeffery

Thank you guys! I appreciate it!
I was wondering your thoughts on finishing up. Breeder says 70 days to harvest, I’m within 20 days of that time wise. I figured 4 weeks at least, but am questioning myself a bit.
I know to watch the trichomes, but regarding a flush, should I go by the breeders 70 day mark and think about water only after this week or should I go by initial though and go another 2.
Sorry for the stupid question, just doubting myself on this at the moment.

2 Likes

If you were in coco I would say wait for about a week before you think they are ready. Most shoot for 2 weeks before the chop before water only for soil that I have seen. You want to feed these as long as you can to keep them building up. It sounds like you still have a ways to go before you start thinking about just water. All your pistols are still white and straight. So I think you are right in thinking about 5 more weeks to go. The breeder info is just a guide. You will find some finish early and some late. She is looking great though. nice job :+1:

3 Likes

Did a quick peak just before lights came on tonight.

Also started 2 more, gorilla glue autos from ILGM.
I believe these are 16-18 days above soil. Just transplanted them last night.

A few more with the lights on.
Man, the smells are amazing!

Here’s a better look at the tent from this morning.

Running into an issue these last couple days. Not a bad one, but #1 is close to done, I think in the next few days it’ll be done done. #2 still has a little time to go though. Poor planning on my part as I started 2 autos in my other tent otherwise I’d just dry it in there.
Here is what I’m thinking though and wondering what you guys think.
Was going to move my 2 autos into the big tent where I plan on growing them out and moving #1 to dry in the small tent. When that one is done, #2 should be done and that’ll dry in that tent as well.
My dilemma is, the photos are on a 12/12 schedule and the autos are on a 18/6 schedule.
I’m thinking if I move the autos into the photo tent I was going to switch the light schedule to 18/6 and let the photo finish out on that schedule for the last week or so. The breeder actually recommends this, but I’m still weary of doing so.
Would it be better to keep the photos and autos on a 12/12 schedule then switch the autos back to an 18/6 schedule when the photo is done? Or will screw up the autos switching it back and forth like that?
@Bulldognuts @Nicky @jetlag @Myfriendis410 @Not2SureYet @kellydans @IP54
Does that make sense?

3 Likes

If what I’ve seen on forum is correct and my understanding of it is correct you could put the autos on the 12/12 schedule for a while and not cause major issues, aside from possibly causing them to start flowering. By what you are stating I believe that’s what I would do. But definitely wait for the others to respond. I know it’s hard to believe, I’ve been wrong before LOL :laughing::grin::sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I agree for the hassle I would just leave the autos on the 12/12 they won’t care. Just make sure your getting enough DLI on that 12hr on right! Give em like 45 DLI ideally.

Messing with the photos is going to cause you more headache

4 Likes

@Caveman86. Your plants look awesome I would stick with the 12/12 light schedule for both and ride it out. Cater to the photos ,Auto should be fine .
Good luck

1 Like

Thanks guys!
Just a follow up, do I keep the autos on a 12/12 schedule throughout you think? Or do I switch them back to 18/6 in a week or so once my #2 photo is done?

1 Like

If they are still in veg, I believe you could switch them back to 18/6 . I’ve seen some people that run longer light schedule with autos all the way until harvest.

1 Like

I agree with the others. My autos have been on a 12/12 for about a month now. They run on what ever schedule my photos are one. For simplicity. This is the only thing I have noticed.
My buds come out just as nice on a 12/12 as on a 18/6. The only difference is they seem to finish a week or 2 later than they normally would. Some thing I can deal with to avoid having to mess with different light schedules :grin:

1 Like

Here are some trichomes pictures from the other night.

I’m thinking I’m going to go dark on Sunday and harvest on Wednesday. It will be day 70 of flower.

I had to buy a dehumidifier for the room that my tent was in. Got hot and rainy here and my rh% shot up at times. Tent seems to be holding steady at 49% though now so should be good to go.

1 Like

Harvest night!
Here’s some pictures after a 36 hour dark period. They smell great!

@kellydans @Nicky @Bulldognuts @Not2SureYet @Myfriendis410 @IP54 @STC_Cultivator

Tent temp is about 74. id like it cooler, but it is what it is right now.
Rh% is averaging 52-53%
I have the exhaust fan running as well as the fan in the lower right corner of the tent. The one on the left side is not running at the moment. I’m thinking of lowering it like the other one and running both, but as of right now it’s just the one.

I haven’t hung the whole plant before. Both times before this I hung branches to dry.

Thanks for all the help and encouragement from everyone. I appreciate it!

4 Likes

That’s awesome congratulations on Harvest. At 74° dry trim will be in your favor. Good luck on finishing up :+1:

2 Likes

Awesome bro!! Can’t wait to hear the verdict on how it tastes & performs. It’s funny how you and I are learning & progressing at a similar pace. I was thinking about hanging the whole plants just a few days ago…albeit because I’m in a bit of a time crunch headed into the holiday weekend. Lol But thats how we did it 45+ years ago when I lived in Woodstock, NY. Nailed them to the rafters in my barn.

Your plants look amazing and the buds are epic…another successful grow on your part! Congrats.

What’s next? :thinking:

3 Likes

Nice work brosive! You killed it, those look like beasts!

3 Likes

Congratulations my friend. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

3 Likes

Thanks guys! It’s been fun!
As of right now I have 2 20+ day old gorilla glue autos from ILGM. They’re in my small tent at the moment, but will get switched to this tent and light once these two are done drying.
Going out of town in August for a week so I’m hoping I planned it right on those two autos. I figure they’ll be done a week or two before I leave.
Then after that I’m going to grow some Maui wowie from ILGM.

4 Likes