Caveman86 2.2 grow - Lemon Jeffery

You only water to runoff once plant has grown so that canopy is equal to pot diameter. The plant can’t use that much water so it sours and damps off the plant, killing it. Or at least slowing it way down.

At this point I’d have them domed and be delivering a tablespoon or so per day.

1 Like

Still have them domed? Shoot man, I’m doing this grow all wrong. Lol!
What could a guy dome them with at this stage?
I did have them domed originally, but removed the dome after the first set of leaves were touching the cup(I used a clear solo cup on top of the solo cup). I just transplanted them a week ago into 5 gallon pots. Hindsight, I wish I would of put them in 1 gallon pots then to the 5 gallon, but next time.
Like I said last watering I thought I gave them 1/2 gallon originally, but after looking at my watering jug, I realized I gave them 100 oz of water or 3/4 gallon of water(I think that equals that). I got about 1/2-3/4 solo cup from each.
This is only my 2nd grow (currently running two tents-2 autos, 2 photos) and I just thought always water to run off. When they were in the solo cups I gave them 4 oz every 4 days and had a little run off then to. I just drained the run off and let them dry out.
So I should cut back the watering to a tbsp a day? Like a half a shot of water a day?

I’ve used everything from Supermarket cake covers to plastic bags. 2 liter Pepsi bottles work a treat.

1 Like

Do I still need them domed if I have my humidity up?

Is your RH near 100%? If not it’s easier to keep a dome on them. I take mine off for fresh air exchange and try to run a fan over them too but they sleep under a dome until a bit bigger.

1 Like

About how long do you keep the dome on them then? I mean at what height or width?

I don’t drink pop, but am going to pick up some 2 liters today.
My last picture I have is from the 9th, I don’t know if they’ll fit under it, but I’ll give it a shot.
I was just under the impression once they get their first couple leaves you can undone them, but keep the Rh up. I was running my tent at 80f/65%

I usually support them until they are ready to transplant. Once you see a taproot out the bottom of the Solo cup is about good.

1 Like

I’m sorry, I’m so confused with this right now. I thought I was going about it the right way. Lmao!
We are talking about the same plants right? Mine aren’t in the solo cups anymore a few posts up. Mine are in the 5 gallon bags a few above the solo cups.
They really still need to be domed and only a tbsp of water a day? I’m not doubting you at all, just confused and not really what I was told last grow so now I feel like I’m back at the start. Lol!!!

1 Like

I was going based on your latest photographs. In a large volume of soil you will have no choice but to use more water. But you will have to determine what is good, in your setup. You do not want wet soil. You want to go from damp to dry. Lots of growers water sparingly in a circle around plant to force roots to hunt for water.

Sorry for the confusion.

2 Likes

Water day last night!

Water going in:
1/2 tsp recharge
6.7 ph
410 ppm

No run off

I cut back my watering, but still ended up giving them each 1/4 gallon or so. Maybe a little less.
@Myfriendis410 I picked up some 2 liters on my way home, but didn’t think they’d fit so I didn’t empty them out or anything yet.
Wanted to put some pictures up and see what you thought and get your suggestions.
@Nicky @Not2SureYet @Deepsix @Bulldognuts @jetlag @IP54
Let me know folks how they looks. Yesterday was day 20 I believe, maybe day 21.
@BigHuff2316 thought I’d tag you as well since you just got done growing this strain. How do mine look at their young age?

3 Likes

Looking good

2 Likes

Those are past the point of doming. I was going off of the only pictures you had here.

4 Likes

I know, I’ve been slacking on the pictures. Last pictures I had were from the 9th. My first grow I took pictures morning and night and whenever I checked on the plant. I wanted to go weekly or at least a whole lot less often with these grows.
What do you think about watering? I know you said a little but more often. I cut it back to a 1/4 gal each with no run off. I watered around the plant leaving the middle alone.
What I’ve been doing is going by the pot weight. If it’s heavy leave it alone, if it’s not then water.
Is not the ideal way to go about this?
Think they look ok?

1 Like

I am giving a gold star for not dumping the soda till this was clear :grin: I am not a soil guy. So I will just watch and pay attention :grin:

2 Likes

@kellydans
What do you think of my new grow? You helped me a lot with my last grow (as did a lot of other folks) I feel like an idiot for not tagging you sooner.
Any input would be greatly appreciated! :slight_smile:

1 Like

They look very healthy bro! Your growing technique is definitely producing great results. I can’t wait to see what this strain looks like when it flowers.

What made you decide to buy this strain?

3 Likes

Plants look nice and healthy, pot weight good way to judge when the water. As plants get bigger they consume more water. Thanks for the tag good to hear from you.

2 Likes

I’ve been listening to the guys podcast. Rasta Jeff is the guy, Grow from your heart is the podcast name.
I listen to his and Dude Grow Show while I’m driving around or working in the tents. Good shows, helps pass the time.
I also bought some Maui Wowie and Gold Leaf photos from ILGM, but wanted to try these ones first. I’m not sure if growing different strains at the same time is harder, but I figure I’ll just stick to 1 strain at a time per tent.
My other tent has the GSC in there, but next grow in there will be gorilla glue autos from ILGM.

3 Likes

@Myfriendis410 has grown a monster Gold leaf. @MattyBear did a beautiful Maui Wowi

2 Likes