Caveman’s 2nd grow

The one plant I topped in my current grow is killing it! May out produce my others by far. It did extend my veg time with the added stress. Which wasn’t all bad

1 Like

Some growers do LST them. I have fimmed a few plants but didn’t LST them. Here is a Pic of my Bubble Gum auto I fimmed.

following @Nicky video.

5 Likes

This is the main branch of her. @Caveman86

4 Likes

That is a nice looking plant there!

Yeah low maintenance, fim and defoilate. Let her buck who’s got time for LST lol.
She turned out well. @Deepsix

3 Likes

Oh I didn’t see your question my bad @Caveman86
You can lst a bit later after a week, lst is best but if you odnt have time no sweat

1 Like

You’re turning into quite the grower…lots of happy ladies!

1 Like

Can you still fim if you pistils are starting to show up?

Maybe those aren’t pistils? They sure look like little white hairs though.

Update on the girls from last night.
Water night.
Each got about a half of gallon with about a half of solo cup worth of run off.
Ph going in was 6.5 ppms were 250 and I gave them 1/2 tsp of recharge to boot.
Out:
#1- ph: 6.5 ppms: 1350
#2- ph: 6.2 ppms: 2160
Plants look good, #1 is in flower, #2 is showing pistils, but not as much.
One thing I’m curious about is the size of them. They’re so small! The two things I did differently this go around were smaller pots (5gal down to 3gal) and I removed the domes right away after the first set of leaves opened.
Other than that it’s been the same.
What do you guys think of them so far?
@Nicky @Not2SureYet @Deepsix @jetlag @kellydans @Hellraiser @Bulldognuts
Next water I think I’m going to introduce some nutrients, fox farms trio at 1/4 strength. Probably will start with week 1 of flower on their schedule.
@kellydans, I know you said to hold off on some lst, but I figured with it starting to flower I wanted to get it bent over to get some light down below. Hopefully I didn’t mess it up, not sure this grow is going to yield very much, don’t need to stress it out and make it worse. Lol

*forgot to add the photos.

4 Likes

Plants look healthy ,set up nice to get good light penetration. Plants will get bigger Buds start stacking up and feeling in they will be just fine. Looking good happy growing

4 Likes

They look good so far, I’m not an auto or LST guy so don’t have much to add. Happy growing!

4 Likes

I agree they are a little smaller than you should be getting but your numbers look good now.

If you know what you know now do you think the whole Grow was ideal?
Did it get to cold Durring lights off and stunt growth?
Was your PH always good?

They will still. Stretch but I wouldn’t lst them much.

Autos are all. About. Ideal environment.

3 Likes

I guess I thought I had everything dialed in this time around.
I thought the only thing I changed was the size of pots and removing the domes earlier. Going through my notebook and comparing my last journal on my phone, the temps were set higher this time around, but only minor. Last go around temps were 74/75 this time around I had it set to 79. I did lower it last night back to the 74 mark. Rh was set to 65 last go around same as this, I lowered it to 56 last Igor as well.
Tonight is water night for them, I’m going to hit them with 1/4 strength trio starting with first week of flower on their schedule.
They do look good though, just smaller. Not complaining, just noticing some differences is all.
Could it just be the weather to? Last grow started 10/9/20 when it wasn’t freezing outside. This grow started 1/15/21 and it is now freezing. I have heaters in both rooms where my tents are, but it is generally cooler in my basement this time of year.
Not really sure what else it could be?

Your temp of 79 is ideal but setting a temp and the reality of what Temps were actually hitting is two different things, if your saying its cooler right now then it seems to me that ideal 79 was not maintained as much as it should have been.
Yes cold Temps definitely hamper a grow.

1 Like

I get what you’re saying. Every time I’ve checked it’s never been cooler than 78. On my hygrometer the min reads 76.
Not sure I guess. Just keep plugging away and see how it turns out :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just got a pack of 2 Bluetooth sensors off amazon. By govee and they chart 24/7 I didn’t realize it but my Temps were spiking at like 2am.
Technology definitely helps control. Environment

3 Likes

I’ll have to look into something like that. Thanks for the info.
Is it the govee smart hygrometer?
@Nicky

1 Like

They look good. :slightly_smiling_face: I would try and get your run off a little higher. At least 2 cups worth. It could save you from having to flush them down the road. I shoot for 4 cups run off my self

2 Likes

Smart yes but WiFi no.
For the cost it would be my go to if I wasn’t away from home so much, you cna calibrate it and the app allows you to add multiple devices.
I would use them in my tents as well as all my cure buckets but instead I really need to find WiFi ones at an affordable price or not invest in anything more until WiFi ones are reasonably priced.

1 Like

Water day today.
Water going in:
5ml calmagic
Ph: 6.5
Ppm: 1040

Water coming out:
#1- 6.4/2030

#2- I fouled up tonight. After watering it, I was adjusting the tie downs then it was sitting on the floor. Somehow my big dumbass bumped it or kicked it or I’m not really even sure, but I ended up breaking off the top.
I’m mad, but figure you still have to grow it out, no?
I didn’t test the small amount of run off I got.
I removed the tie downs I had and figure will just let er buck. Win some, lose some.

2 Likes