Cats and grow tents

First thing is I love my silly cats and for the most part, they are quite chill and easy to get along with. However Henry, my usually best behaved one has decided she wants in the tent in a big way. I let her and the other 3 in to check it out for a day or so before I put anything in it. Now that something is in it she is a megaturd about it and climbs on top of it. Thus far I placed bells clipped to the fabric to alert me to her attempts of scaling the sides. I hear a bell Henry gets sprayed with a water bottle. I am hoping that she will catch on and be good.
But I was wondering if anyone has any cat safe nonchemical deterrent ideas.

5 Likes

Sticky tape where they would step. They despise sticky surfaces. (Just watch a video of a cat with tape on its feet… :joy:)

8 Likes

Ohh I have a roll of that stuff!
Thanks!

2 Likes

post some videos. I love to watch cats freak out on stuff. I got a 20lb monster named Mjolnir (aka Hammer) Namesake due to him feeling so heavy as a kitten when he would lay on you like trying to pick up Thor’s hammer.

9 Likes

This is outstanding advice :joy:

6 Likes

Tin foil around the tent works well. They do not like the sound or feel of it.

4 Likes

Did someone say Kitties!!??!!

5 Likes

Such sweet babies…

This is our crew.

This is Henry. She is usually the aloof one that stays outta things but she has a thing about plants now.

This is Pimpkin. She has no interest in the plants and just wants naps and numms.

This is Curtis. He is an old dude that is a couch potato for the most part.

This is Dorian. He is the “new guy” he moved in back in December and decided being a house cat is the shit. Super chill and easygoing as can be.

7 Likes

Budderz is my inside girl. Shes the daughter of a my late Salem who passed away about 3 months ago. The first pic (momma) name is Little Girl. She showed up 3 days after Salem passed so i believe it was a sign.

5 Likes

Funny how they just show up at times when ya need em.
Curtis showed up on Halloween night back in 2012 after an epic storm that knocked out the power. I used to drive an old Hearse for fun back then. It was my midlife crisis car :slight_smile: But after the storm, we went out to see if there was any damage to the house and we heard meow meow, and out from under my hearse crawled a black cat… So yea… Black cat, Hearse, Halloween night. I took that as a sign for sure.

3 Likes

Salem was my black cat. I found her and her brother LeeLoo (long story) in a woodpile behind our old rental house when they were kittens. When we moved i took em with me.

2 Likes

I had a brain fart and forgot to zip my grow tent all the way shut. In my excitement of putting up a new light, I went to grab a few zip ties from my workbench, about 25 ft away, and I left a small opening. In the moments it took me to grab them and return Henery, my female orange tabby ate the tops off of all 5 of my 10-day-old seedlings.
If she weren’t so damn cute and cuddly…
Oh well, lesson learned. Now for a moment of silence for the lost ones.

1 Like

Oona and Nugget :joy: Nugget likes to get IN the tent when i take the plants out to water unless i zip it back up haha

3 Likes

Unfortunately the only thing I have done is not let them in same room. Otherwise they will start kneading the sides & produce some nasty pin holes in it. Then come flowering you’d end up with a bunch of light penetrating your girls. Not a good thing

3 Likes

Man yours have saddlebags like mine. I spoil the crap outta mine. She wont anything but iams outta the orange bag… picky heifer…

2 Likes

This dude (Cutris) is so tubby, about the only things he moves for are treats or the big scary deer that visit the backyard.
He’s my good boy.

2 Likes

Nugget (who is 4 now), actually was abadoned to us. We already have 5 dogs.

But yeah, some friends found a tiny baby cat in the grass while walking and i guess were going out of town and were like hey, can you two watch and take care of the cat for like a week cause we’re going camping? (Mrs Panda works at the Vet haha)

I’m talking eyes still closed baby… so we bottle fed her from birth. They never took it back :joy: And i got stuck with a now completely bratty “daddy’s little girl” because she imprinted on me terribly haha. Woman still gives me a hard time about it

2 Likes