Caterpillers in the buds

The leaves were turning yellow and dying, I thought it was a virus. Now I just found caterpillars in the buds. Where do they come from and how do I avoid getting them and how do I get rid of them? These plants are ruined now right? Please help me.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum great people around to help you. Please post some pictures in natural light.

1 Like

They generally come from moths, they lay eggs on your plants. the eggs hatch into caterpillars and they start eating your buds. Horrible thing to happen to your plants. You need something with Bacillus Thuringiensis in it to kill them.

This would work and is safe for humans/mammals

I’d do a bud wash after harvest to clean out all the caterpillar poop.

2 Likes

So how do you do a bud wash?

Hellraiser
June 17

They generally come from moths, they lay eggs on your plants. the eggs hatch into caterpillars and they start eating your buds. Horrible thing to happen to your plants. You need something with Bacillus Thuringiensis in it to kill them.

This would work and is safe for humans/mammals

amazon.com

Amazon.com : Safer Brand 5163 Caterpillar Killer II Concentrate, 16 oz : Garden…

Amazon.com : Safer Brand 5163 Caterpillar Killer II Concentrate, 16 oz : Garden & Outdoor

I’d do a bud wash after harvest to clean out all the caterpillar poop.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/SDgd5lhMRvw

Watch the youtube video I embedded/linked which is a full bud washing tutorial.

this work too:

i squish them with my fingers. Until they pop! Little bastards!

1 Like

You don’t eat them?

dumb ass

sometimes! Depends on size? If i can get a full handful, well then, get out the frying pan…

1 Like

Nice. Probably healthier for us than farmed cattle!

1 Like

weed fed!