Caterpillars in week 4 of flower. Outdoor grow

Hi friends. I noticed some green caterpillars on my buds last night. Any ideas of how to get rid of these little bastards? The one in the pic is about 1/2" inch long. I also saw a tiny green one that crawled into a bud. Plants show some damage. Little black poops and some silky web stuff. Please help! Thanks all. Pics below.

1 Like

PS:
I have organocide and bug blaster but I’m concerned with using it at week 4. Is it safe?

Hi @ericscheel. I think the general consensus for flying and many legged creatures is diatomaceous earth (DE). But it has to be food grade.

2 Likes

Monterey B.T. Biological Insecticide. Safe to use right up to harvest.

https://www.amazon.com/Monterey-B-t-Organic-Caterpillar-Killer/dp/B01B807AGM/ref=sr_1_cc_1_a_it?tag=greenrel-20

1 Like

Thanks @AnneBonny. I’ll give it a shot

Thanks @arpeggio I think the organocide says it’s safe to use right up to harvest as well but people say it makes the buds smell fishy. Any idea if there is a lingering smell with the BT caterpillar killer?

I haven’t used it myself. I have found a few inch worms on my plants and just picked them off; but it sound like you have more of an infestation than I had.

1 Like

Try and pick whatever you can off. The holes they leave in the buds. Will allow for molds and rot to form.

1 Like

You are an inside grow? I would think that you could just pick them off, and watch to make sure you got them all. Might be tedious, but I wouldn’t want to spray stuff on my flowers. Caterpillars (et.al.) turn into butterflies or moths right? So other than the damage they do by eating, they don’t lay eggs or produce larvae or anything. I would just go over the plant leaf by leaf, then do it again.

2 Likes

Picked up some b.t caterpillar killer from Monterrey. But it looks like only a few buds on 2 out of my 12 plants. Guess I’ll just monitor and see if it gets worse. I can’t find anymore caterpillars and only found 3 total so far.