Cat’s Runtz Grow Journal (featuring monster-cropping)

Unlike in my last grow, I am starting canopy control early before things get out of hand.

The monster cropped clones, as you can see, are growing like crazy. There’s so many side branches coming out of them, I’m having to use tweezers to gently prize out some of the new leaves because they’re getting twisted and caught in the dense body of the plant.

6 Likes

@CatDadPower when you took your cuttings for your clones, were they just starting flowering? I see pistils on a few of them, and some of the leaves look a little funky like it’s revegging. Nothing wrong if you did (I’ve done it too!), more of a curiosity question!

1 Like

Yes! That’s precisely what I did. I tried monster-cropping the first run but I had no idea what I was doing in regards to topping — I really squandered an awesome opportunity in hindsight. This run, I’m going to really focus on canopy control with all those amazing side branches shooting out. It’s almost like when a plant is revenged, a new shoot comes out each little dying calyx.

I started a single seed grown Runtz (ILGM genetics) and seed grown Grape Ape (I think, I found it in my buddies grinder). Both flowered without any signs of herming. Clones were taken around Week 3 of flower and looked like this…

Important note! I chopped off some of the flowers before leaving them under the dome to root. I heard that will help speed up reveg and it seemed to work marvelously. Approximately 60% of my clones survived in their plugs and took root.

3 Likes

When I did it, this is what happened…made a cute story when I was baked! :crazy_face: Games stoned people play!

Sometimes my wife thinks I’m a 15 year-old still, mentally. She’s probably right, but it’s more fun this way!

3 Likes

Moving left to right in the center columns: 3x Grape Ape Clone, 5x Runtz Clone, 4x Runtz Fem.

Clone branches are being trained low and early, trying to flatten and even them while they’re still flexible and easy to train. Got a couple grow buddies along for the ride, hope you all don’t mind watching their progress too!

6 Likes

Close up of all the new tops showing in the monster cropped clones. The topping of the seed grown ones are starting to show as you can see as well!

6 Likes

thats alot of babies, so awesome

1 Like

That’s a lot of plants! How many are you limited to in your state? Mine is zero, zip, nada, purely medicinal but price is high so… hopefully mine will be better anyway! @CatDadPower side note cat; my cat fight took me to urgent care a week ago bc the bite on my thigh is Infected. Only thing is that Doc gave me an antibiotic that isn’t the correct one for animal bites. Only thing good out of that encounter was a tetanus shot :woozy_face:Yesterday took myself to ER bc wasn’t better & many docs don’t clean, debride & pack if needed. I went at 5am & not another patient in the place. I’ve never sat in waiting room more than 5 minutes. Anyway, it got an ultrasound to check for abscess pocket. Did a needle aspiration almost directly behind my knee where a big knot was. The bad one had no abscess thankfully. The doc actually did all the care. Nurse didn’t even come in which I’ve never seen before.(was a cutie too)
So now I’m on two big gun antibiotics. & let this hole in my leg heal from inside out.~ all from cat bite. He was seriously pissed at me trying to corral them into bathroom & I was house/pet sitting for my son. I figured you’d get it cat dad.

2 Likes

How many are you limited to in your state?

Rule number one of Fight Club: Don’t talk about Fight Club! Hahah

I have a spicy kitty when handled so I understand! Hoping for a quick recovery!

3 Likes

Great picture updates today! Coming up on the first week of Veg, and everything blowing the heck up!

Everything seen is in 1 gallon pots of happy frog, receiving 50 PPM cal mag every watering to account for my distilled water lacking any kind of micronutrients. Watering frequency is around 5-6ish days after full saturation.

Overhead shot of the veg tent … eventually I’ll have to kick some folks out to make room, but in the mean time everything is looking fantastic.

Seed grown Runtz looking fantastic with new growth appearing.

Close up of the Grape Ape clones going crazy!

Finally, the Runtz clones are also growing extremely quickly.

8 Likes

looking awesome, theres so many of them lol

2 Likes

The beauty of monster-cropping :sunglasses: Not even one full week of Veg yet.

8 Likes

well-done, looming awesome

3 Likes

looming, wtf to late to edit lol, looking is the word lmao

3 Likes

Today starts Veg Week 2! The babies are filling out nicely.

Super cropping has been applied to all clones and seed grown Runtz underwent their second topping last night!

10 Likes

@CatDadPower looking good CDP!!!

2 Likes

Thank you!! This run is going to be so much more exciting!

3 Likes

looking awesome

1 Like

Individually, heres the status update:

left to right: Runtz seed grown, Grape Ape Clone, Runtz Clone. Runtz clone was so big, I super cropped its main stem and now I have a nice wide girl :sunglasses: love the way those side branches are just pushing out in their own.

6 Likes

Question for audience!!

I’m vegging in a 4x4 and plan to flower in two 4x4s. Should I do 4, 5, or 6 plants per tent, and in 3, 5, or 7 gallon pots? Why? :thinking: Trying for the configuration that’ll combine both reasonable veg period and high yield.

Now that this grow is going a lot better than the first, I’d like to optimize the space I have available as best as possible. Would love to hear from some of you seasoned and salty growers!

3 Likes