Cat’s Perpetual Grow Journal!

I’m back, everyone!! And this time with lots of fun new changes I hope you’ll enjoy following along with. First and foremost, I finally have the space and set up for a true perpetual grow! Second, I will be attempting my first go around with organics and an auto pot system.

Currently growing (some as clones, some as seeds) I have: Planet of the Grapes (Ethos), 10th Planet (Ethos), Super Skunk (ILGM), Dead Ops OG (Zaza Genetics), Aloha Limone (Colorado Seed Inc), Bruce Banner (breeder unknown).

I’m looking for lots of feedback throughout the process, so tag your buddies, I’m here to learn and have fun!

10 Likes

Are you running an organic soil medium with the auto pots :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

No wonder AC-I is out of stock. Dude, you got my vote for working hard grower.
I know, cause I have fewer and work plent. Good Growing to you.
I am gonna love watching your grow, thanks.

3 Likes

That’s actually what I’m trying to figure out. It recommends an organic soil to be mixed with, but I’m not sure if I should go with something completely inert like ProMix or something with some nutes to provide the plant immediate nutrition like Happy Frog (or even Ocean Forest, but idk if that’ll be too hot once mixed with the super soil concentrate).

3 Likes

Go with what you know.
This grow, I am using FFOF, again.
Prepared, I believe, for the 5 week issues.
Next grow, living soil mix, arrived last week.

3 Likes

I’ve been running auto pots for almost 2 years and tried a soil grow and it didn’t go so well. Basically their feet stay too wet and just not enough oxygen down around the root zone. I would suggest a good 70/30 coco and perlite. I have ran a few runs with FF coco loco with perlite mixed in. Just my experience :love_you_gesture: Tagging a few cultivators for some insight @beardless @Graysin @Not2SureYet

2 Likes

Nice setup. When I saw all of your tents this is what came to mind.

I have two grow spaces. A closet for a couple autopots and a 3x3 tent that I top feed. I use coco with perlite in both spaces and feed them Jacks. Either 321 or TAP. So, I am pretty far removed from organic growing. However, I used advanced nutrients Iguana organic line for a year +_ and still use many of AN supplements in coco. I also use various microbes (Tribus, Great White, FishSh’t, Voodoo Juice ++) so in that respect I have living COCO.
I think, to get the most out of the autopot system an inert medium like peat or coco is the way to go. Environmentally coco is preferrable.
I have a seat and am set to watch.
I am just getting started on a small grow of Afghan at Afghan to close 2022

7 Likes

Agreed. A shame, a free source of plastic buckets, and my ladies do not like them.
I overwater and those buckets with hundreds of holes, dry too slow. Bags are better, for me.
Better mix vice straight FFOF, for sure. I want OG’s experience to guide me, grasshopper that I am.

2 Likes

Yep, I started in plastic and soil and had the same issues. Honestly coco and auto pots saved my grows with my feeding habits and work hours :love_you_gesture:

:point_up_2: I’ve seen your grows Brother and you’re way past this statement. You’re kill’n it

1 Like

That’s all I can come up with for myself, too. I do use straight coco and honestly the autopot set up would probably be fine for soil if you ran the air disc or air dome inside the bottom of your pots. I don’t because soggy soil sounds like gnat heaven, and I already do bad enough with gnats etc in a normal grow cycle.

4 Likes

I will follow along if you dont mind having a newb hydro grower :grin:

3 Likes

Even a blind squirrel can get lucky and find a nut, sometimes. Still trying the Lottery Retirement 101.
Want HLG lights sooo bad. This forum and posted contributors have assisted my grow, exponentially.
1980’s growing was seed, dirt, lights, and good FKNG luck. 2022 Growing for Dummies, right on.
Decided “dive into grow experience” as required learning for PHD certification (and Nirvana).

1 Like

:point_up_2: experienced this. I did have 1 soil grow using COM Stonington Blend with added perlite. It’s a lot more airy than most soils but the FFHF run I had was meager :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

:point_up_2: I resemble that remark :joy::joy::joy::love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

Got married, age 61, lost my bachlorhood, somehow. YUP

2 Likes

Bachelorhood gone. I was single for 12 years after my divorce and remarried 6 years ago. Big adjustment :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

That’s definitely something I wanted to try this run, but with organics already being pretty new, I figured id only change one input this run and hopefully move to coco or a different media once I have a bit more knowledge and confidence.

On the other hand, I’m adding substantially more aeration to the mix since FFHF can compact a good amount. I plan on running airstones in the reservoir to help oxygenate the water… think that would be an added benefit?

3 Likes

Heck no. Whatcha got growing? :sunglasses:

1 Like

@OGIncognito on the topic of coco in an auto pot system however, would one be able to start in soil (seedling /veg) and finish in coco ? Or would those two mediums be at odds with one another?

2 Likes

You can start them in soil, I haven’t gone beyond the seedling period and 1st transplant using different mediums. I use wave makers to keep my res mixture moving it does a better job with PH drifting than air stones :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes