Cat Dad’s Five Strain Fiasco

I did them for my outdoor grow this year I don’t put much work in to my outdoor grows pretty much just plant them in the ground and check on them every couple weeks

1 Like

I always pollinate my monster cropped plants. Why you are waiting for the larf to reveg the seeds ripen just fine. Do it every year to my keepers with males from pheno hunts. Or buddies pedigree female hunts. I’ll take those boys please😊. I even clone and keep males that are gems👍.

4 Likes

Good morning, everyone! I wanted to wait until the girls started to stack on some size before posting another update. Currently 35 days post-light flip. Behold my humble sea of green.

Back row: Cherry Pie x2. Middle/Front Row: White Widow Auto x3

Back row: Amnesia Haze x2. Middle Row: Chocolope x2. Front: Cherry Pie.

Top left, Top right, bottom right: Big Bud. Middle, bottom left, bottom middle: Cherry Pie

5 Likes

And of course, some close ups.

Big Bud

Cherry Pie

Chocolope

Amnesia Haze

White Widow Auto

9 Likes

nice journal…you are having a good grow

1 Like

Thank you, just trying my best! I reckon I still have until around beginning to mid-June before harvest, but over just the last week they practically doubled in size. You can see not too long ago I was lamenting about popcorn looking bud sights.

2 Likes

what is your first trellis set at…how many inches

Oh geez, I couldn’t even tell you, I’ve arranged two in such away that they hit the canopies as much as possible and I don’t even have the third lowered because they don’t really seem to need it.

1 Like

Two awesome updates to share this morning!

I’ve been quietly checking, and was able to chop the first white widow auto (mostly cloudy with the occasional half amber tricomes). Out of the whole grow, this girl is definitely among the tiniest with only a single main cola, but I’m really proud I even made it this far.

And for todays highlight, I’d like to show off one of my monster cropped clones of the Cherry Pie Strain. It’s amazing that to see below just how bushy and differently these take off. Some pictures to see just how amazing the growth was.

10 Likes

sweeeeeeeet, looking awesome

1 Like

I think this is the final thing I needed to improve the environment of my grow room. It’s a portable air conditioner that I have venting outside. I’m running the dehumidifier, the air conditioner, and ventilation, and levels are looking really really good.

Serious question though, for those with pretty involved setups, how do you avoid tripping your circuit breaker while also making sure the lights are connected to a timer? Any recommendations to help avoid unsafe connections? I’m definitely finding myself needing far more plugs than can even fit on a power strip.

5 Likes

That duct hose is huge :joy::rofl:

2 Likes

i haven’t used an ac unit yet but i have 2 power strips and havent any breakers trip. my lights are plugged in a wifi plug one outlet and my power strips are plugged in another outlet.

1 Like

Things are looking more akin to a mad scientist’s laboratory than a garden :joy:

I use the 6” duct fans and flexible ducting for ventilation (sucking air out of the tent). They’re not nearly as pretty, but the duct fans are much cheaper than some of the big name brand tent fans you’ll find. Even with fans blowing, I find the hot air still “pools” at top of the tent (endangering some of the tallest girls), so this is a great solution.

2 Likes

Most homes have 20 amp circuits to the wall plugs…you need to do your math and see what each of your devices is pulling in amps and then decide what needs addressing…sometimes 2 rooms in a house can be on the same 20 amp circuit so you may have to trip your circuit breaker to your room and see if it also cuts power to the room next to it.

5 Likes

I ran extension cords to make sure I wasnt over pulling on a circuit. Have to be careful with that, however. It has to be a heavy duty extension cord with 12 gauge minimum so the cable/cord doesnt over heat.

4 Likes

Ha! IKR? My space looks that way too. I feel like a mad scientist in my kitchen making soaps, cleaners, ect

1 Like

The forest grows…40 days post light flip.

9 Likes

@CatDadPower

Looking awesome gro bro!

1 Like

Day 41, today I wanted to really showcase those big nugs. The cola development is happening so quickly now. Only a week or two ago these things were just little popcorn.

9 Likes