Carbon filters/ smell or no?

Over the years I’ve used several different brand filters I like Terra Bloom as good as any. And I still need to instale a new filter at flowering stage to maintain odor at a minimum. I Exhaust outside but with a trained nose You will get a small sniff. I have never had anybody pick up on the smell.

2 Likes

I get no odor out of the tent at all, unless open for feeding or trimming or the like then ya the house needs fumigation but nnothing when closed up.

2 Likes

I recomend a new filter and pre filter and use the tape as mentioned. If not enough you may need to upgrade fan size. Try filter first but start saving nickles for the eventual upgrade. Imho.

Choked on my lunch :joy::joy::joy::love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

I don’t about allergies but once a week, while in flower I take 2-3 dryer sheets and place them on the end of my duct work that bring air out with my carbon filter on it. Takes away smell. Live where this is still illegal and can definitely smell it last month before harvest. Might try it works for me, wife complains as well, but never complains about final product lol

4 Likes

Now that is nice to hear might be the cheapest alternative yet !
My wife does not partake so it’s a pretty big issue.
Off to try the dryer sheets tonight and will report back if sniffy magee can smell it or not :rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

2 Likes

I put those in my ceiling air vents. Smells like Gain in mi casa :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

@BigItch Is there a way you could vent to your attic space from your negative pressure room? Negative air works fantastic for me, I’m in a similar marital situation and dank to me is stank to her lol.

I’m lucky that I’m able to exhaust straight out a window assisted by a window exhaust fan hooked into my tents exhaust.

I feel like someone posted some pics of how they vented into a dead space on here I just can’t remember who.

1 Like

I put a rubber coupling between the fan and filter and screwed it down tight. Have not had an odor problem…yet.

Also we used to make carbon pigs. Activated carbon in panty hose place in the kids’ sports bags. Soccer players have really smelly shoes. LOL.

1 Like

Thank you very much. Smells like someone is doing laundry. A little overpowering from me but soooo worth it.
Now to see how often I’ll be changing them, I’m guessing every 4-5 days.

2 Likes

@BigItch the saying never gets old….Happy Wife Happy Life……allegedly :wink:

3 Likes