Captain Jack's for spider mites

Hello hope everyone is having fun growing. I’m at work so I have to make this short. The worst has happened. I brought my gardenia plant in because it smells amazing and it had spider mites on it. Found them on one of my five flowering plants. The one I found it on is 3 weeks into flower. Can I use Captain Jack’s on that flowering plant? Thank you for any feedback

2 Likes

Yes you can
If you were not already planning on washing your buds at harvest, you will want to do that

4 Likes

@Mr_Wormwood Thank you for the feedback. I normally don’t wash at Harvest cuz I keep a fairly clean tent. But if Cap’n Jack’s was an option than yes indeed I’m definitely going to wash this time around. I’m really upset that I can’t have my gardenia plant inside:-(. I wait all year for that thing to bloom. LOL

I could be wrong but you could/should use the capt jacks to eradicate mites on it too

2 Likes

If you have spider mites, you might want to start looking for an exorcist. And even that’s a slim chance of sending them back to hell.

2 Likes

LOL that’s funny. That’s what I’ve heard. So far I’ve only noticed them on one out of five plants and only on a couple leaves. Trying to put a stop to it now before it gets out of hand. Picking up ladybugs on the way home and the captain should be arriving at my house sometime tomorrow

I hope that works. I may buy some of that too just to have on hand. Praying mantises are bad asses too.

is it safe in flower? i did a test with it and it shriveled everything up. Dr Zymes is pretty much One To Rule Them All and is safe in flower. but depending on how bad your infestation is… they’re not easy to get rid of. you can also check out beneficial predators, there are a few.

1 Like

Now you have me questioning myself. I was sure I’d read of others using it even in flower as long as they made sure to do a bud wash

@Hellraiser and @PurpNGold74
We need to know if I steered someone wrong

2 Likes

Captain jacks dead bug is spinosad, plenty safe to use during flower. Just apply at dark or lights out and you should be fine.

2 Likes

@larry1, oh no! Not good. But, this will help you, it’s helped me for years on everyone of my outdoor grows. It’s Monterey Red, or Green, green I use for caterpillars, red for spiders. The green I mist it last year over 9-11 ft tall trees last year, the point was it’s not harmful to the tress. Hope this helps you with your grow, good luck with your grow

Yes Capt Jacks Deadbug is perfectly safe in flower as long as it’s applied with lights off. Spray it with lights on or outside under the bright sun and it won’t turn out well, as with most spraying.

Thank you everybody for your feedback. Just got it in and unfortunately it’s been opened and half of it is gone :frowning: it says an extra 1.5 lb on the bottle which makes a total of 3 lb and I put it on a scale and weighed it and it’s only1.12. So either the safety seal just happened to pop open and I lost over half my product in shipping or somebody’s opening up packages or they’re taking it from right inside the warehouse. Either way I hope those ladybugs can hold off those mites until I can get a replacement. Thank you again for everybody’s reply

1 Like

@larry1 , those ladybugs are killers, so don’t let them full you. Yeah the first sign of them little spider bastards they get Monterey red. My buddies outside grow he’s got like six or eight I can’t member exactly but he had some black widows trying to nest in the Sour Diesel needless to say them spiders are dead. And the grow is continuing to grow big. Good luck with your girl

1 Like

@OldSkool So far the ladybugs are doing a good job. I have the infected girl about 2 in away from the other ones. LOL. Hopefully it doesn’t spread. I run a continuous grow so I’ve got plants staggered going out and coming in. Sure would suck to have the trash it all. I got that Captain Jack’s deadbug replacement coming tomorrow. I’m going to give the infected girl a good once over with the captain and let her dry out. Then place her back in the tent with the rest of the ladybugs i have left and then repeat process in five days. Unless some of the other girls get infected. I’ll have to play it by ear. If Captain Jack’s doesn’t work I will grab some of that Monterey for sure. Thank you again for the info