Captain Jack's Deadbug to the rescue

Yesterday noticed some little critters crawling around on the bottom of the tent. Tapped the side of the fabric pots and a few took flight. In his grow journal @Hellraiser recommended Jack’s Deadbug spinosad if you encounter pests during flower. As I told him it was a timely post. Fortunately I had some and mixed up 16 oz of distilled water with 7 ml of spinosad. I sprayed the floor, sides, stems, soil and a light spray over the canopy. Found these little buggers on the floor this morning.

They are tiny. About the size of a pencil point. I used my USB microscope to memorialize them.
Any idea what they are?
I wonder if I introduced them by using rain water collected in my rain barrel.
I would hate having to stop using it. The plants love it and PPM is less than 10.

2 Likes

Looks like a fungus gnat, I’d get some mosquito bits and sprinkle on top of the soil and when you water, it’ll start killing their larvae in the soil, other options are fungus gnat killing nematodes, yellow sticky traps to get the flyers, DE sprinkled on top of soil to “cut up” the walkers.

5 Likes

Go to a paint store and get a straining bag they have 100 mesh bags we use to use them to strain paint when i worked in the trade. For when we use to spray paint so as not to clog the spray tip.

Thanks. Do you think I brought them in the rainwater? Off the the store to get me some bits.

1 Like

I used hellraisers recommendation of mosquito bits and sticky tape, problem solved. They are attracted to overly moist soil from my understanding.

2 Likes

May be possible, but with fungus gnats, all it takes is one to follow you in and lays eggs in your soil and off they go.

1 Like