Capt Jack Dead Bug on flower

Growing some Gorilla Glue outdoor and everything was great until I noticed some caterpillars… did my best to visually find and remove, but they kept popping up and devastated my main cola. I used Capt Jack Dead Bug spray (pre-diluted) and it did the trick, but now I’m thinking I messed up by using it too late in the process. I last used it a few weeks ago and won’t use again before harvest in about another 2 weeks. I also plan on washing by buds.

I’ve read other threads on this topic and I understand lots of evidence shows it’s “safe”. What are people experiences using CJDB on flower? Will washing help? Should I only make tinctures or is it OK to smoke?

Again I realize no knows THE right answer, but just curious on people’s takes on this. Thanks!

2 Likes

I use it and do a bud wash at harvest. No issues with smoke after dry and cure.

2 Likes

I can’t tell you THE right answer, but I can tell you that if you don’t do SOMETHING they’ll get the majority of the good buds. I’m going to do something this year! I’m planning to go with Bt for caterpillars instead of Capt Jacks. I don’t want to hurt my beneficial bugs

2 Likes

Copy that! Sprayed CJDB at night to minimize messing with bees, but if BT is more friendly will try in future. Thanks!

1 Like

I introduced 3species of beneficial bugs a couple of weeks ago so I don’t dare use Capt Jacks or Neem oil. I’m pretty sure the Bt for caterpillars (Btk) doesn’t hurt anything but caterpillars :bug:

1 Like

Ladybugs??? What other beneficial ones do you use?

No ladybugs. The company isn’t selling them anymore because too many people are harvesting unsustainably. I got assassin bugs, green lacewings, and minute pirate bugs. All in the larval stage. That’s when they’re most likely to eat caterpillars
Arbico Organics is the company

2 Likes