Cant tell if my plants are suffering from over watering or nitrogen toxicity

I totally agree too, Will, with @Majiktoker, I do not say otherwise :wink::innocent: what iā€™m saying is that FFOF is not made for seedling/sprouting and it can end with the sprouting struggeling a little, am I wrong !? @garrigan62

Now that you mention it, overwatering is one I gone a put in my knowledge bag :wink::+1::innocent:, thanks Will
~Al

1 Like

Yes you must and one other thing to keep in mind is that under watering and over watering both have the same defienceyā€™s so be ware ok

Will

3 Likes

Ok, got it :+1:thanks Will :grinning::innocent:

Am I wrong about FFOF being not a good soil for seedling/sprouting ? @garrigan62

@Niala if they are over watered leaves have a ā€œbloatingā€ resemblance or look like they are swollen thatā€™s a distinguishable trait to look for when looking for these problems

3 Likes

A big Thanks @Majiktoker, I gone a put that in my knowledge bag too :wink: :+1:

1 Like

My pleasure @Niala these are good notes to be saving

Done , @Majiktoker :wink::grinning::innocent:

1 Like

This continues to be a problem with new grows. Using the wrong soil for starters and or seedlings.
And yes you are wright about the soil.

Will

4 Likes

Finally back!!:grin::grin: didnā€™t knw as a newbie i had limited talk, & just when all the good convo started. Everyone was helpful & i appreciated all the help. I believe it was a lil too much water that either wasnā€™t draining well enough, or was too cool, or just maybe my toots arenā€™t that deep. I was wondering if i should use a lil root stimulate & wen for best results.
Heres what i did; the pot felt heavy so i pushed in the bottom & side of pot to create gaps in soilto breathe. I also use my small thermostat heater to keep temp @ 75-80. So heres the picture everyone needed to see at first, & the results so far.

Hiw they look now after heat nap

4 Likes

You mentioned squeezing the pot to break up the soil a little. I donā€™t know if thatā€™s good or bad, but I use a little bamboo skewer to loosen the soil if it starts seeming compacted. Adding extra perlite in the future will help with compaction problems.

Personally, I would remove the leaves that are lying on the soil. Iā€™m not saying this is correct, but itā€™s what I do.

Youā€™re in great hands here, so Iā€™ll let the others go back to helpingā€¦

Good morning my friend I know you hate when I post something and delete it but I actually I didnā€™t know what thread I was in (it could happen) ā€¦my friend above is getting his ducks in a row and weā€™re going to get him going down the right path to a successful yieldā€¦!

1 Like

@Paranorman. Lol u crazyā€‹:grin::grin:

1 Like

@FloridaSon I was thinking thst as well. But i rather let them die off. B4 taking away how my plants absorb light. Right? ? @Paranorman

1 Like

Yes, the leaves are what make the plant go. Itā€™s your grow, so you have to do what you feel is best. I just donā€™t like my leaves being in contact with the soil.

If the leaf is healthy, itā€™s still workingā€¦

You should consider what Florida suggested those leaves touching the soil could very likely cause mold mildew and other issues that can take a grow down almost overnightā€¦!

Iā€™m not one who prunes a plant almost at all but when I have a leaf touching soil I take them off, I took some off yesterday that were touching the soil

1 Like

Cool. I was wanting to do that as well. Chop chop as soon as lights on. Is there a certain way i should cut those fan leaves off. @Paranorman @FloridaSon

If you canā€™t wash them and get them off the soil in some way then by all means cut them off with a clean pair of scissors or razor blade

2 Likes

Do what Paranorman says. Make the cut about 1/4" from the stalk to allow the little bit of die back that will occur.

I do this so the stalk can heal from where the leaf stem emerges. The leftover leaf stem will die back and dry. At that point you can just brush it away and the main stalk will be sealed and protected.

Thatā€™s how I do itā€¦

3 Likes

This dint look good. Fum doing good but not leaves.

@Hawkeye_diesel @Majiktoker @garrigan62 @FloridaSon should i clip fan leaves or let her be