Can't stop the yellowing

-What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto)
Seedsman Blueberry, Garden of Green Wedding Cake, Expert Seeds Critical Gorilla

-Age of plant/what week of flower
Currently in week 4 of flower

-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
Happy Frog with Jack’s Nutrients

-Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, fabric pots
Plastic Pots

-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
Ph 6.5

-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
EC around I believe, that is after adding Recharge!! I haven’t checked this that often…

-Method used to measure PH and TDS
Pour a small amount of solution into a cup and test it

-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space
Indoor 2’x2’ tent

-Light system LED, MH/HPS/CMH/Fluorescents, or other
HLG QB288 V2 Rspec

-Actual wattage draw of lights
Not sure, but they are probably drawing 130 atm.

-Current Light Schedule
12/12

-Temps; Day, Night
72 F - 82 F

-Humidity; Day, Night
Always 40ish except for when I take my shower, jumps to 60ish for a little while.

-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
Yes, 4 inch AC Infinity
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
House AC

-Co2; Yes, No

No

Seems like no matter what I do my plants leaves start turning yellow… I will say I have been adding Recharge with my Nutrients, then phing the solution. Could this be what is causing it?

I have been giving each plant 500ml of solution. So I fill a container with 1.5L of solution with these measurements, all within roughly 0.02g of each other:

Just to make sure it’s easy to understand, 0.65ml Silica per plant per 500ml, x3 for 3 plants = 1.95ml per 1.5 L

Full Strength Bloom Transition per 500ml
0.65ml Silica x3 = 1.95ml
0.74g Bloom x3 = 2.22g
0.12g Epsom x3 = 0.36g
0.65g Recharge x3 = 1.95g
0.65ml Fish Sh!t x3 = 1.95ml

Full Strength Veg and Flower per 500ml
0.5g Part A x3 = 1.5g
0.12g Epsom x3 = 0.36g
0.33g Part B x3 = 0.99g

So I add the Silica, shake the container,

DID NOT MEAN TO POST THIS YET. PLEASE WAIT.

God dangit I can’t edit it now… Here is a repost…

-What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto)
Seedsman Blueberry, Garden of Green Wedding Cake, Expert Seeds Critical Gorilla

-Age of plant/what week of flower
Currently in week 4 of flower

-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
Happy Frog with Jack’s Nutrients

-Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, fabric pots
Plastic Pots

-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
Ph 6.5

-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
EC around I believe, that is after adding Recharge!! I haven’t checked this that often…

-Method used to measure PH and TDS
Pour a small amount of solution into a cup and test it

-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space
Indoor 2’x2’ tent

-Light system LED, MH/HPS/CMH/Fluorescents, or other
HLG QB288 V2 Rspec

-Actual wattage draw of lights
Not sure, but they are probably drawing 130 atm.

-Current Light Schedule
12/12

-Temps; Day, Night
72 F - 82 F

-Humidity; Day, Night
Always 40ish except for when I take my shower, jumps to 60ish for a little while.

-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
Yes, 4 inch AC Infinity
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
House AC

-Co2; Yes, No

No

Seems like no matter what I do my plants leaves start turning yellow… I will say I have been adding Recharge with my Nutrients, then phing the solution. Could this be what is causing it?

I have been giving each plant 500ml of solution. So I fill a container with 1.5L of solution with these measurements, all within roughly 0.02g of each other:

Just to make sure it’s easy to understand, 0.65ml Silica per plant per 500ml, x3 for 3 plants = 1.95ml per 1.5 L

Full Strength Bloom Transition per 500ml
0.74g Bloom x3 = 2.22g
0.12g Epsom x3 = 0.36g

Full Strength Veg and Flower per 500ml
0.5g Part A x3 = 1.5g
0.12g Epsom x3 = 0.36g
0.33g Part B x3 = 0.99g

So I add the Silica, shake the container, add the Part A, shake, Add Epsom, shake, add Part B, shake, add Recharge and Fishsh!t, shake, then pH.

So wonder if phing after adding the Recharge and Fishsh!t is what has been screwing me? I stopped using Fishsh!t during the last feed because that stuff is $$$. Or I may not be watering enough, as I overwatered my last girl so I’m nervous about doing it too often now lol.

In 2 and a half hours from now I will perform a soil slurry test to see what’s going on in the soil.

Any other recommendations?

Blueberry, has the most yellowing

Critical Gorilla, shows signs of Nitrogen abundance

Wedding Cake, also shows signs of Nitrogen abundance

Even the 2 with Nitrogen abundance look like they are turning yellow… Which will be seen in some pictures I will post this afternoon. The above pics are 6 days old, I trimmed the yellow leaves off of the Blueberry and now other leaves are turning yellow… Could any of this be caused by being rootbound? Feel like if it were nutrient lockout that all the plants would be turning yellow actually do maybe the Blueberry just wants more Nitrogen? But then why are the other 2 turning yellow then if they have an abundance of nitrogen? pulling hair out

good photo w/ flash or natural light of leaves & whole plant
Rather than trying to redo all of the math, are you using Jack’s 321 at formula rates converted to .5 liters, jack’s blossom booster per prescribed rates?
These are the per liter rates I use
Maybe a little light on the epsom salt. - primary source of magnesium
just in case this is photo of leaf with mag def

and another

I’d like to know the input TDS of nutrients. Plant is showing N def and too late for yellow leaves. They will not recover. Look to new growth for improvement.

1 Like

I replied before your photos were uploaded. Def not mag.
When did you start using nutrients / jacks. In other words was the happy frog depleted before you started using Jack’s?

1 Like

@beardless yes I’m going off of Jack’s Nutrients latest chart, and yes pretty sure the nutrients were gone from the HF, as the cotyledons were yellowing.

Jacks Chart

Then made my own chart based off of it.

I am feeding today in a few hours (lights not on yet) and I will report with pH and EC/TDS of both input, runoff, and a slurry test. I know what needs to be done to do the slurry test, but where should I take the soil from? Also, I assume it’s ok to put that soil back into the pot?

@Myfriendis410 yeah I’m aware the leaves won’t turn back. Just trying to get it to stop lol.

Next time I will only be growing 1 plant.

1 Like

Could this happen from using a pot that doesn’t drain well enough? I just discovered my basil plant had root rot. And I KNOW 100% these cannabis plants weren’t over watered.

1 Like

I believe there is a proper order to mixing Jacks… if im not mistaken its

Part B
Part A
Epsom….

In that order. Everything maybe combining and coagulating into something unusable (not accessible) to the plant. @imSICKkid @dbrn32 @MattyBear @Missiles

All use Jack and would know for sure. The pothead up there I think uses it but forgot the mixing order lol. @Myfriendis410

3 Likes

Part A then Epsom then Part B

4 Likes

Part A
Epsom
Part B.

I don’t eventually typically refer to them as this though. This the “new and improved” labeling

5 Likes

So I am going to feed with only Jacks today. No Silica, Recharge or Fishsh!t. Will perform a slurry test, but should I do it before or after feeding? I guess before so we can see what the status was?

I will also be drilling holes into these pots, as they do not drain well enough for my other plants it seems as they developed root rot.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t bother with slurry test. Just grab the runoff in clean dish and compare.

3 Likes

@dbrn32 has you squared away with the order of mixing them all. That’s what I do too… part A and Epsom and then part B

4 Likes

Yup I’ve been doing it that way since day 1.

1 Like

I have the same table from Jack’s.
The standard 3-2-1 formula used around here is - per gallon
Part A - 3.6g
Part B - 2.4g
Epsom - 1.2g
converting these to liters given 3.785L / gallon
Part A - .951g
Part B - .634g
Epsom - .317g
I am currently growing in either coco or peat. I have had to increase Epsom salt by 120%

1 Like

Thanks fellas. I was ALL THE WAY wrong lol

5 Likes

Soil looks super wet!

1 Like

Yeah when these were taken I had just fed. But also my pots aren’t draining well enough, so I am drilling some holes into them.

1 Like

Their ya go, what size pots are you in?

1 Like

I don’t see any nitrogen abundance or richness. I see 2 plants that are well fed and 1 underfed.

1 Like