Can't smoke it, can't vape it, can't drink alcohol so the Everclear tincture is out; please help me out

Ty @Ebb

3 Likes

Use a good olive oil and infuse it with your decarbed bud. I do 10 - 14 grams bud to 8 ounces of EVOO. Use the oil as a salad dressing, poured on pieces of homemade breads, make cannacaps and swallow them. One cup of EVOO does approx. 185 size 00 caps!

All you need is the weed, EVOO, pint Mason jar with lid, small Crock Pot and thermometer.
Decarb weed in Mason Jar in oven. Add EVOO and mix well, replace lid. Add enough water to CP to equal or slightly above EVOO amount in jar. Heat on high to 200 degrees or so. Place jar into CP and turn to low. Cook 1 - 3 hours. Let cool to where you can handle it. Strain through cheese cloth. Make caps or leave it liquid in jar.

I store it for up to 6 months in my “spare” fridge in grow room. Not opened much at all during the week. Good luck!

6 Likes

I bet it’s still good :+1:
It’s more work then these candys but sonetimes i make “cana-sugar” also.
I take a 2lb bag of sugar, put it in big tub so i can spread it out, and pour the alcohol tincture in untill its all mixed up and theres actually a thin layer of liquid on top of the sugar and let it evaporate.
A fan blowing across it helps and stirring it ever few hours helps speed it up.

But at some point all the alcohol is gone and your left with cannabis infusion sugar, use it for anything you would use sugar for.
Coffee, cool-aid, are some of my favorite uses. .

I even put some in a coffee bean gringer and grind the crap out of it and it makes powder sugar thats amazing on pancakes or French toast :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

@1HappyPappy you sir are my hero. I have never thought about this. How do you dose it?

8 Likes

Anyway I can think of :sweat_smile: I don’t really measure it honestly, I make my alcohol tincture ridiculous strong or i try to anyways :sweat_smile:

But it takes large amounts to get me where I like to be so really just depends.

There is tons of videos on YouTube on how to make cana-sugar.
Once you have the thc-sugar made, it just a couple more steps to make thc syrup “aka lean”.

Give the syrup a Google also, it’s life changing if ya like eatables :grin:

6 Likes

For a 1960’s vibe you could put a drop or two on sugar cubes! lol

5 Likes

I was looking for sugar cubes to do just that and couldn’t find them, and saw the peppermints and was like, that has to work :sweat_smile:
And it did. But sugar cubes was the initial idea :rofl:

4 Likes

@LateNightGardner @Pillar
I must agree that to make gummies you need some kind of concentrate. Like bho, RSO, or rosin if edibles is the only way you can injest thc. Is your liver fatty? I have had issues with my liver, nothing too serious, just slightly elevated enzyme levels. But since my liver has been “fatty” i do not get high off of edibles. I think your liver converts the thc to some form that it can be felt and utilized by the human body.

3 Likes

I smoke mine if not making cookies with it. But you can also absorb through the skin.

3 Likes

I founds a great place to explore ways to get THC into your system.

IMG_1536

4 Likes

Hey girly! I know I’ve beat this horse to death by now but I have questions!!! Again!!!
So I got the Ecru. And I’m finally ready to use it after chopping and curing my puney (*sp) LSD’s, which only resulted in 2 and 3/4 oz…lol. good thing I don’t do this for a living huh?
Anyway so I’m going to make the alcohol tincture and I can’t remember if you told me or I read it, that I could use more than just the buds. The one little bud bush, I didn’t trim as tight as I did the other one, so there might be a few leaves here and there. I guess it’s ok to put those in too?
There’s not a lot. And I’m only going to do a small amount to start with to test it out. So that’s one question, is it ok if maybe there are a few leaves in there, and also what temp and time in the ecru to decarbed? I didn’t get any paperwork with my Ecru so I’m riding in the dark here lol.
And one other quick question, since I’m not putting my weed in capsules, it’s probably better not to grind it up so much before i decarb correct? I know you did bc you were using them in capsules, but I’m reading you don’t for regular use… But I need your opinion lol
Hope you’re well! I’m crap! More health issues that have slowed me down so I need even more to figure this tincture thing out!
Thanks in advance dear.
And not just to you but to anybody else that wants to chime in!

2 Likes

Ok, the decarb machine is pretty simple. In your case, since you’re going to soak your decarbed weed in alcohol, it doesn’t need to be a powder. Break it up though so the heat is even throughout. Make sure it is completely dry, drier than you’d want for smoking. If it is too wet, the silicon lid to the cooking pot will pop off. I had it happen once, there were some water droplets on the lid. That inner lid is responsible for keeping the odor in, so just be aware.

When you turn it on, press the mode button. You want to go into mode 2, which is what I used. I think the first mode is for CBD, and 2 & 3 for THC, I just always use mode 2. It will count down and I’m pretty darn sure it beeps when it’s done.

The weed should be a nice golden brown. When I infused in butter and oil, I tied the weed into a pouch of cheesecloth, to keep it “clean”.

I don’t know anything about making tinctures though.

Oh and congratulations - I know it’s been tough for you but you do have something to show for it.

2 Likes

My only wish here is that diagram didn’t show the syringe next to the eye… :scream: :scream: :scream:

Eyedrops MAYBE - it’s a good absorption route agreed, but damn the terminal dry eye…

I can foresee a transdemal patch coming once the Feds get their sh… er, act together.

But for me, cannabis has a ritualistic feeling around it, I love smoking, and even my vape can give that feeling too.

3 Likes

You rock!
I’ve got it chopped up and in the ecru and I’m about to hit the go button lol.
As always… Thank you!
I like the immediate effect of smoking but I hate actually smoking. I cough my head off lol. I’m too old to pick up a smoking habit just bc it helps with my anxiety, and insomnia, and fibro, and arthritis pain, and everything else that ails this old-ass woman lol.

4 Likes

I don’t know if I have fatty liver. I’m a little chunky.

The reason I can’t have alcohol is a medication I’m on. It puts great strain on my liver. I get checked out once a year to make sure my liver is holding up.

3 Likes

So I decarbed and with the QWET method. I’ve been letting the ‘solution’ set on the counter for several days to let some of the alcohol evaporate but that’s been a realllyyyyy sllloooooww process, so tonight I had a little extra time and I’ve decided to speed up the process a little.
I’ve got the ‘solution’ in a mason jar, in my ninja foodi, cause I don’t have a crock pot, set to low-med, with water in it. Then I have a fan blowing over the top of it all.
I tried a drop or two of the ‘solution’ right after I made it, yeah, bout burnt the underneath of my tongue up!!! So I burnt a bowl instead lol.
I left the top of f the jar for several days to let the everclear start evaporating until I had the time to figure out how I could do it a little quicker and when I would have the time to do it.
So, I’m still waiting to get to try my tincture out.
But I just wanted to thank you again for helping me out with the ecru and the decarbing process.
And now, it’s time to go check on the '‘solution’ and to smoke another bowl…lol
Oh…and to think about going to the garage to grab a couple of the Bruce Banner beans to drop in some water…but I might not have the energy for that tonight lol.

2 Likes

Oh you’re welcome!

I’m growing a Bruce Banner auto - another shortie, but not insanely so - 17 inches.

1 Like

I love this idea!!

2 Likes

Maybe @Caligurl can help ya out too!

1 Like

Mine are fems but I didn’t get big ones last time either. I’m going to let them stretch a little this time. I think the very first grow, I let them stretch and then I ended up lowering the lights too much and stunted them. So everything else I’ve stunted. I gotta find a happy medium but I’m def keeping my lights too close, so I have to resist the urge.

2 Likes