Can't smell MJ anymore

So after a few months of growing I could no longer smell the normal smell of cannabis, I’m sure I’m not the only one but it kinda gives us the power to identify purely just the terps. Just a cool little observation I thought I’d share

3 Likes

Yeah I barely smell mine unless I stroke a stalk

1 Like

Not directly, like when I open the bags I just get the smell of terps. But I can indirectly, like when my wife grabs some and walks past me. Then it seems like the house is filled with the normal weed smell.

3 Likes

I can sorta relate.
My filters run all the time as do my fans and I really don’t think my house smells but when flower kicks in (just starting now) if I unzip the tent it fills the house.
Some of my jars I smell I find don’t really smell like anything special, but my girlfriend says they smell good… I’m not impressed with some of my buds smells to be honest. I’m sure some people love it but I definitely want heavy terps now and specific smells. Like any earthy or musty smell I worry maybe I got mold or something but I know there is no mold and it’s just “dank weed” as most people who smell it say. Yet I’m looking for pines or skunk or cheese (I don’t like the cheese smell actually one of my least favorite), Berry’s, lemon, and some stuff I think that smells like Berry’s my girlfriend think it’s floral and she doesn’t like it (purple buds ussualy).

What other smells have you all legitimately smelt?
I see lots of names with plants banana this or grapefruit that or strawberry this but I’ve never smelt anything that resembles that unless it’s a concentrate that has been terp infused which is basically cheating.

I feelike the biggest thing I want to focus on is good genetics and top quality terps.

2 Likes

Are you growing autos or photos?

“unless I stroke a stalk”
Huh. Your own I’m assuming?

1 Like

The smell I don’t really smell it unless I rub a stalk or stem and smell my fingers

They say a prime symptom of COVID infection is a significant decrease in sense of smell.
The symptom is supposed to remain even after overcoming the virus.
I’m thinking many of us have been infected and showed mild or no symptoms.
Except maybe a significant decrease in sense of smell.
I’m sure some of the buds people here grow have plenty of stink to them.
Maybe this will be a good thing for us once everyone has been exposed.

2 Likes

I was sick recently, not COVID-19, and lost my sense of smell for 2 days. Took 2 tests and went to doctor, no covid lol. Couldn’t even smell vinegar with my nose in the opening. It came back and I can now tell you which room of a house a mouse farted in and what he had for breakfast the morning before​:joy::joy:. Have always had a really good sense of smell, but it’s stronger after being sick a few weeks ago.

2 Likes

Autos but I doubt that matters, my grow tent is in my bed room so the smell has been around me for so long it no longer exists sort of like how you eventually stop smelling your shampoo on your hair until you switch brands

Autos or photos it doesn’t matter lots of autos out there that can hold their own or even out compare photos. You have to be running some pretty good gear to blow a quality auto out of thr water.

I smell it when I first walk in the house and then gone. We recently found a home for one of our kittens and the new owner laughed nd commented that the kitty smells like some really good weed. So we’re Givin away scratch and sniff kittens the top is gg4 and the bottom is lemon haze.

5 Likes