Cant need nutes alread! Or can it?

Hey all,
Can you guys take a look at these and tell me your opinion?

Ladies are

1st time indoor grow under an hlg 600R. Im trying to get the lighting right still…but i noticed today that they are getting a yellowish tint that looks to me like N. I have only watered twice…happy frog soil, spring water and a dash of ff cal-mag. I will start pHing water next time.

3 Likes

New growth will be more yellow in appearance as it has not had time to photosynthesize yet. Babies look good!

5 Likes

At this stage, if they are growing, don’t do anything but water them with RO or properly pH’d tap. Backing the light down is okay, but don’t let them stretch too much.

5 Likes

Oh…ok, just like outdoor… that was an important lesson to learn… thought it needed N during late veg/preflower, when everything takes off, and i got all nutty and added high N fert and burnt the poor thing… so i knew outdoor… but i thought, this early and questionable light efficiency, could mean deficiency. Thanks. Indoor is a whole new world…i love it, so much control over the variables yet so much still left to the genetics and the vigor of the plant. but when ive finally found that delicate balance of light, air, water and food im gonna have some inspiring results!!! :smile:

2 Likes

I can’t tell what is too much stretch and what is normal. I’ve never had to watch for it this early in the outdoors, and I’ve only grown 25 or so plants ever. They haven’t grown in over a day. (1 cycle plus 10hrs in light today). I measured them and have watched that little one emerge, shed and pop and no one has done anything except the color is a little bit lighter green.

I also think i need to do something about the temp. At night it has dipped into the high 50s low 60s. During the day it warms up to 70s, but takes until after noon.

My first couple plants were outside and as soon as i got a tent and lights, i finished the next 2 inside. It’s definitely nice to have a more tame environment.

1 Like

I would get that RH up to 60-70%, their still very young and feeding themselves by absorbing water through their leaves until the roots get put down to take over :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

So get a humidifier? Will a pot of h20 help? Or some boiled h20 in a pot a few times a day? Any other suggestions? I can get one easy enough, just not right now… i know the RH is low. I think temp and RH is gonna be an issue. I’m in lower NY and I’m leary of a heater all winter. Prob be like 20$ a day in fuel to heat the area, i can’t insulate, and i cant use more electricity unless i can run my own account/ meter…idk how to go about that, if i even can, and id still have to convince myself an electric heater is safe before i try to convince my 74yr old mother of the same…Lol. .(…you have no idea what i went through to get her to understand that my “stupid pot that i can just go buy instead” will be paid in full and that all she needs to do is tell me how much more the bill is. I have other lights on houseplants and they are so efficient she doesn’t even notice… she thinks it’s super expensive to grow “the pot”, (as she says!) Im so serious when i say that she would encourage me to get a bigger indoor garden and probably pay for it if i was growing tomatoes and orchids…lmao. So i think I’m going to have to bring the tent into the bedroom. Which is around 55% RH. Well, 5 of my little cure jar RH/temp monitors say 54, 53, 54, 56, 56 in the open air in the space. In the garage its been averaging in the 40s.

2 Likes

Seedlings look fine , happy frog Will be plenty to keep Seedling healthy. :seedling:

3 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Plants look great that 600R is a awesome light did you end up scoring it on the 50% off sale

1 Like

This is something you can do if you have seaweed liquid mix in two mils into a one bottle and use this to feed them that bottle should last you a few days to a week u can put it in a spray bottle and u can spray the leaves but if ur going to do that i would spray them before ur lights come on or after the lights go off cause u dont want any water on ur leaves when ur lights are on

2 Likes

@Lunabudz929 happy frog soil has enough nutrients to last you well into your next transplant… so no need to feed

2 Likes

Yes! I had bought the 350 and saw the 600 on sale a few days later! I called them and they traded it out! Same price! He was so nice. Offered me some tube light at BOGO. they Are awesome. And the light is fkn bad ass!

1 Like

Yea. They bounced back when i got the humidity and temp up! I think they were cold and it was way too dry. They are def getting going now!

Thank you! I noticed this morning at lights on, the serrated leaves had water droplets… I’m assuming that’s transpiration? So i should not leave the little droplets? O should shake them off?

So yku brought them inside to finish, were you worried about bugs? I brought 1 vegging in, its quarantined, I’m scared to put her in. I don’t see bugs…but… that’s not good enough. I changed the soil and potted up…

20220926_132235

1 Like

I would carefully remove any water u see on the leaves

What size pots are they in and how long have they been in them for .