Can't Get Seeds To Sprout-Help Please

How close to the light? Or can I just put them in the window for now with a dome?

@AEA

Just get them to emerge for now… The light can wait til later

I actually dug 1 of mine out and replanted the tap root just BARELY into the soil.

I think I was reading what your light was. Set it like 20" above the sprouts and on 50% power.

Was your problem temperature???

Not the window. They turn in pipe cleaners. Since they are just breaking ground go with 24" or so at 50-60%
From there they will tell you. If stretching to the light increase intensity or lower the light a couple inches. Once the they have a full set of leaves you can decrease use of dome and do away with it completely if they react well.

1 Like

Might be just me but I tend to do better when I think in stages and concentrate on the particular stage they are in: the seeds, seedlings, veg., flower or harvest stage they are in.

Stage 1 seeds - you did that already and got them to pop with a tail. :grinning:
Stage 2 seedlings - plant in loose moist soil only 1/8" to 1/4" deep, light to 20" and 50% power
Stage 3 - veg. - 18" light 75% to 100%, feed only after 4 weeks, LST
Stage 4 - flower - 12" light @100%, defoliate bottom third
Stage 5 - harvest - no light for 24 hrs, humidity 60% etc

When you are in the actual stage, then you can deep dive into all the interesting ideas and other musts from these experienced growers on here. My little brain likes to keep things simple and organized like this in smaller more manageable packets.

I lost some seedlings last year that were in the window. It got really cold one night and they all died. If you’re gonna use the window keep them a couple feet away from it.

1 Like

Ive had great luck using rapid rooter plugs. I grow in soil so I soak the rapid rooters (not the seed), place seed in hole and push down a bit with a poker, tear tiny piece of plug off and lightly cover the hole, place plug directly in (Happy Frog for me) solo cups, spray a bit of plain water to moisten, place sandwich bag over cup and place on a warming matt in the dark until germination. Keep it moist so the bag condensates but not drowning. Then immediately give em light light so they dont stretch and they know which way to grow. Rapid rooters work for hydro too.
Caution Dont use Ocean Forest for seedlings they will cook. You’ll get it just keep it simple.
Happy growing