Cant get humidity over 40

Hi all can’t get my humidity over 40 have humidifier in grow tent with wet towels. I also have been spraying walls and leaves. Plants are autos and 3 weeks old they look like they are doing well any advice?

try a different humidity meter? Maybe the other one isn’t working properly? How big is your grow area and how much heat etc?

I will post a support ticket for you to fill out as it may give us other clues as to what is going on.

Fill out a “Support Ticket”

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

ILGM Support Ticket:

What is the strain and type(unknown bag seed, strain name, regular seeds, feminized seeds, auto-flower, etc)?

Indoor or Outdoor? If outdoor, planted in ground or in a container?

Size of space (max height and area, length/width)?

Soil or Hydro? Type of Medium used? System type?

pH? Of the soil or medium (root zone/reservoir/run-off) and of the water and/or nutrient mix that is fed to the plant?

Type and strength of nutrients used? NPK? EC/TDS/PPM levels? Of what you feed it as well as what is in the water by itself and in the soil/medium (run-off), or reservoir.

Temperature? Day vs. night temp or highest and lowest temps? Root zone temps?

Humidity %? Day vs. night

Light system/watts/lumens/FLUX/PAR?

Ventilation system? Size? CFM? CO2? AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier?

Number “weeks/days” from into Season, Vegetative Growth or Bloom/flowering?

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but try to be brief and to the point. Short and to the point questions and/or facts will help us help you

Do you have a fan in tent ?
How about exhaust fan?
If you can put a small pan with water it and hang towel so one end is in pan with water and a small fan next to pan
it will work as a evaporative type humidifier
Run fan on low speed best to put towel on intake side of fan so air is drawn over wet towel should help get humidity uponor you can purchase a small cool mist humidifier

I fought with humidity for weeks in my current space changed to a different light and no longer need to run humidifier temps make a huge difference

I have used the base of an old crock pot with a stainless steel bowl of water on top. Keep it set to lowest temperature setting. Works well. :sunglasses:

Yes I’m only using 250 wt mh so that should not be an issue

Yes fan and exhaust and have towels and warm mist humidifier, tried cool mist but brought my temp down and warm mist got me to a higher humidity all in all my plants look great so prob no need to stress, it’s my first grow so prob overdoing the worrying

What’s your temp inside of tent ? And maybe area you in
I’m in the Hvac Business so I’ll try to help you if possible bro

Getting a variable speed switch so I can turn my exhaust fan down to low helped me bring up my RH by a average of 10 points .

That’s a good suggestion and speed switches are inexpensive

Just wanted you guys to know that there were things out there that didn’t require any power or energy source to create humidity… I found these cheap things for about $8 a piece on clearance of course at Kmart and they work so good I bought 8 of them and never looked back so here you go see if you can find them…

:v::sunglasses:

And it works? Here it is on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/As-Seen-Aqua-Stone-Humidifier/dp/B00N51D06C

They work really well actually… I put them in bigger buckets so to speak… Water evaporates to fast in the bowl that it came with…

Geez, my want list just keeps getting longer and longer, lol

Lmao…:grinning::grin::joy::smiley:

Hum that’s interesting need to look them up
Thanks @peachfuzz

Lol yeah that just doesn’t stop growing
Every time I think I’m good I see another cool piece lol
Grrrrrrrr

I live in Colorado. It’s actually raining right now with rh of <30%. I can do everything short of putting a vaporizer in the tent and not get over 40%. My plants have done fine but curing goes a little too fast. I worry about too much humidity rather than too little.

Most of the natural places it grows are not high in humidity. Except for the tropical indicas most grow on the east side of mountain ranges like Humbolt.

Lol I did put a small cool air sonic vaporizer in my tent its the little blue bottle