Cant figure out whats wrong

Ok so all the typical info! soil is 50 - 50 organic & topsoil, has good drainage. PH 6.2 the plant is 5 weeks old no nutes were added. water PH constant 6.25 ppm .22 using well water. The runoff was 6.25 PH ppm 248. Daytime temps avg.75* F with humidity of 53% Night hours 68* F
humidity rises to avg. 61% bottom 2 sets leaves have been removed due to bad burnt tips and yellowing. can someone please help with this one? I did notice today she is starting new growth where i removed the leaves.

2 Likes

Welcome @FGS2021
I would increase humidity at this stage. Take a look at this VPD calculator and use according to your stage of growth.

https://vpdchart.com/#F,53,75.2,75.2,0

6 Likes

I agree with the above statement, up that humidity, get er nice and moist like

2 Likes

i was keeping humidity low cause i have read that over 60% promotes mold issues?

1 Like

I’ll up the humidity and see how she responds. Thanks for the help

3 Likes

That is in flower, at this stage she wants more humidity, as she gets older she will want less and less humidity

3 Likes

Welcome to the community humidity is your friend in the beginning. IMO your temps are a little low as well.

3 Likes

When I was at the seedling stage I aimed for 78° and 70% Rh I have a controller for my heater and humidifier so I was able to maintain a range of 74°-80° and 65%-70% Rh

Try To stick with the VPD and you’ll be good

2 Likes

@ThatsNotMineOfficer awesome thanks for the help I’ll raise the humidity up. Oh, also should i give her nutrients? I’m just using water for now.

2 Likes

I am not familiar with the medium you are using (I am using Happy Frog) I did not start feeding until week 4 however that is because of the soil I am using, is she an autoflower? At 5 weeks I would definitely start to feed her nutrients. Most growers will suggest feeding 1/4 - 1/2 strength nutrients as a full feeding right now can burn the plant especially if you don’t know the exact recommended feed schedule of your medium but judging at the size and time of planting I would give it a 1/3 strength feeding and water till 25% runoff, I mean really saturate the pot (that is when it’s time to water)

I would give her some CalMag, and whatever line of nutrients you are using, but if they have a schedule stick to it

The strain is Bruce Almighty and the soil mix is just some store bought good organic mix but a cheap brand topsoil just to get the bark parts and all to help water flow. I just got my FFOF yesterday so my next grow with be with it. i have their line of nutrients. i was thinking to start to just give her 1/4 strength and see from there. So use some Calmag as well?

1 Like

Yes, I agree with everything you said above! I would start at 1/4 strength nutrients as well as CalMag, while you can wait till you start to see deficiencies before strting CalMag, I found that I was able to go from 1/4 strength to full strength with CalMag before I could my nutrients (Meaning it is harder to overdo CalMag than it is the other NPK nutrients)

ok so with the calmag how much per gallon of water would i use?

1 Like

Just like nutrients that depends on the brand’s recommendation, I used Botanicare’s CalMag and they recommend 3-5ml per Gallon of water (I am in the US so that is how I read it) I was running 3-4ml for gallon. That was until I flipped to flower and stared giving them a full dose, what seed bank did you get the seeds from? I understand the strain but are they autoflowers? Or are they photoperiods?

1 Like

What is high and low? I would shoot for 80f during lights on. Add me to team that says don’t worry about rh right now too.

Not sure how often you’re watering, but this probably doesn’t need to be watered to runoff right now. And ppm of 248 in organic soil is extremely low even being cut with topsoil.

3 Likes

Yes, once you have flowers and fully developed roots you dial back the humidity. During veg and definitely seedling stage humidity will supply much needed moister to you leaves until roots have matured.

3 Likes

@ThatsNotMineOfficer i’m in the US as well. i got the tent now working with the VPD chart you showed. I gave her a dose of nutrients at 1/4 strength this afternoon so see what happens. As for where did i get the seeds, I got them from HomeGrown Cannabis co. As for is it autoflowering, not the Bruce Almighty I’m growing it is a photoperiod.

1 Like

@dbrn32 Thanks for the info. I got the temp up in the tent now and thanks on the water tip and my last test of ppm is up to 438.

1 Like