Canoeing Leaves

my 1 and a half old plant is showing canoe leaves on new growth and i have no idea why?

1 Like

Outdoors it’s due to heat or pests. Looks like heat to me. If they are in planters you can move to the shade during the hottest parts of the day, but mostly you’re at the mercy of mother nature

2 Likes

I thought heat too but it’s not that hot at all, usually it’s under lights with a temp of about 25c in the room and they just started cupping out of nowhere, I did just see a spider mite i believe…

Spider mites will for sure taco your leaves. I’d be checking on that for sure

1 Like

1 Like

That’s more of a full size spider than a mite. Taking plants inside and outside can be tricky and you might wanna do some preventative maintenance on them. @Myfriendis410 used to do indoor/outdoor plants and might have some input

3 Likes

I think it definitely has to do with them, they’ve been completely fine without pests but ever since they started to canoe i found whatever they are on the plant

1 Like

I usually don’t mind a regular spider hanging out because they eat the bad bugs. As long as they aren’t spider mites and making webs all over your plant, they aren’t bad to have around.

2 Likes

i wouldn’t mine either but my leaves are canoeing and on 2 leaves you can see it’s been eaten away :frowning:

Well that’s not a spider mite and has no interest in eating your plant.

I did take plants out for sun when I lived in So Cal but you have to be aware of the hazard of exposing your plants to bud rot, mites, aphids, grasshoppers, cabbage moths etc. I had a preventative program that included using Captain Jack’s Deadbug Brew, Safer Caterpillar Killer and the use of horticulture screen to keep butterflies off the plants.

How about some particulars of your environment? Temps, humidity, duration in direct sunlight etc.

1 Like

Sure looks like heat/light stress. If I’m reading this right usually your plant spends its days under a grow light indoors ? Sunlight is much more intense and the plant may not be used to it, this could be why the leaves are showing symptoms.

1 Like

but the other plant was fine? and it’s a lot smaller too.

The other plant doesn’t appear to be under the same light.

Is that an industrial led “shop” light?

Yea i know in that photo it was really one sided but that’s already been fixed their both getting the same amount of light now. it’s a ufo grow light 100w was like 200 bucks