Canoeing leaves Need help

Awesome I’m going to flush next watering and I’ve ordered Diatomaceous Earth for the top soil and gnat problem and I also sprayed last night with pure crop and there was no sign of them this morning except all the dead ones on the floor of my tent that I cleaned up. And I’ve been adding 2 ml on top of whats recommend and all the lower leaves stopped yellowing and falling off and the plants have been taking the little extra feeding with no problem or nute burn. Thank you guys again for all your help!

2 Likes

Ive not used DE, but when you water I have read it will clump up. Something to be aware of or look into. The mosquito bits are a very popular alternative. Keep us posted.

3 Likes

@stltimmy1979 @Indicanna_Jones I canceled the DE and ordered the bits they will be here Saturday (Don’t want to even risk it if the DE starts to clump up in the soil) so just apply the bits to the top soil and mix them in about an inch and I’m good to go correct?

2 Likes

After you use the bits keep the sticky traps out for about a week. Those bits will kill off the eggs in the soil but not the flyers. Traps will get those and they should be an issue in a week.

Your plants look very very happy and lower leaves will keep yellowing but that ok dont try to fix it. Your correct about the plants pulling nutrients from the lower fans. Those mobile deficiencies as they can move up the plant unlike immobile which start and stay near the top.

At this stage of growth id definitely stop any heavy nitrogen feeding and let the plant slowly shed those lowers.

I’m sure you know already but after flushing id make sure you feed. Not a very good time to let them get hungry.

2 Likes

@Indicanna_Jones Should I add the bits first then flush or should I flush first then add the bits? And right after I flush give them a feeding should I do half of what’s listed? I’ve read not to give them a full feeding right after flush is that correct? And it’s saying to still use grow big this whole week on my schedule and it stops next week or should I just cut that out now completely? Thank you!

1 Like

Oh if your flushing definitely add the bits first. That will get them working asap. In a 3 to 5 gal container about a 1/4 to 1/3rd cup should do the trick.

I stop grow big after the 2nd week of flower or close to that. Once the plants are done stretching you will want to stop feeding anything high in nitrogen.

2 Likes

@Indicanna_Jones So I added the bits and flushed everything with sledgehammer and then added a little feeding like 15 min after flushing everything and letting it run out. The gnats seem to have died down completely only have a few flyers but I have my sticky traps still out… So since the flush I’ve notice multiple orange hairs everywhere and it almost seems like they have come to a complete stall in growth? I’ve literally gone up and down looking for sacks or nanners and nothing… I can’t find or see any signs of a hermi. I have 0 light leaks whatsoever and am honestly completely stumped… And I need to clarify that I’m on week 4 since switching to 12/12 so I’m reading that I’m really not on week 4… But I ran my veg time for 9 weeks so all my girls had pre flowers everywhere like crazy before I switched to 12/12. So today is 25 days from switching…

1 Like

@Indicanna_Jones These are the ones that’s all the pistols are turning orange…

3 Likes

Having a couple brown pistils 25 days into flower is not a rare thing. Do you have any pics? I’m 3 weeks into flower and have some as well but new white pistils will overtake those pretty quickly

2 Likes

@Indicanna_Jones aight cool just everywhere I’ve read everyone is saying it’s too early and there is a hermi in the room and got me checking everything all over :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I see the pics now and see what your talking about. Is this on all of your plants or just one?

1 Like

Have you recently sprayed them with anything? I know for a fact the mosquito bits will not do this as myself and many others have been doing this for years.

1 Like

@Indicanna_Jones Its on all 6 plants but some more then other and some have very few but still noticeable… And it’s more on all the tops it stops the lower you go and are all white again…

Also on a side note the growth will come to a stop after 3 weeks flower. They are actually done growing now and will just focus on bud development from here on out.

1 Like

@Indicanna_Jones Yes I have I sprayed with pure crop like I said when we last talked before the bits and only did this once while I was waiting for the bits to get here… I was told I should be good considering it’s so early on in flowering…

@Indicanna_Jones

Thats why the tips of the pistils turned brown. After you sprayed them the wet pistils burned a little from the light. If the plants were pollinated the pistils would brown the whole way down and shrink up. Yours are only the tips. You can stop looking for a hermi now. Just let them grow now, they should be just fine.

2 Likes

@Indicanna_Jones Awesome! Lol thank you! :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I’ve seen this happen first hand. Don’t worry your plants will continue to grow lots more flowers and new pistils. Happy to help and put your mind at ease.

1 Like

@Indicanna_Jones And would you say I’m on week 3 week 4 even tho I’ve been counting since I switched to 12/12 again today is day 25 since switch and like I said I did a 9 week Veg and had pre flowers everywhere when I did switch to 12/12…

2 Likes