Canoe leaves dry sandpaper feel?

This is my first grow. Growing 3 plants, one plant about two weeks ahead of the other two. coco/perlite in 5 gal smart pots
900w led
Flora trio
The concern is the lead plant. Top leaves canoeing and most the leaves feel dry and rough.
The other two are doing ok now but am seeing signs (couple weeks ahead) of the serrations starting to curl.
I have started feeding more nutes due to me thinking to low. Was about 350-420 ppm and increased to about 500+ in the last couple weeks. That is also when signs occurred. In process of light flushing now.
Thoughts and help please!?

1 Like

Pics under normal light, as well as filling out this, will help us help you.

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.

If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post

NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed

• Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF

• Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths

• PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)

• PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable

• Indoor or Outdoor

• Light system

• Temps; Day, Night

• Humidity; Day, Night

• Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

• AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

• Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner

1 Like

What @Drinkslinger said :+1: :tumbler_glass: :v:

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed

• Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF

• Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths

• PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)

• PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable

• Indoor or Outdoor

• 900w led about 12-15in away from tip

• Temps; day around 76, night 68-70

• Humidity; 45%

• Ventilation system; Yes,

• Oil radiator as needed, set to 68

• Co2; no

Wow,
Bubble gum
Coco/perlite 5 gal smart pot
Ph of 6-6.5 in, before flush drainage was 7.0, today 6.3
TDS, was around 300-350, was increased to around 500-600 a couple weeks ago, also when started.
I see other two plants w serrations starting to lift

Tacoing or canoeing of the leaf is generally from too much heat and/or lights are to close. I’m going to say your lights are too close and they are being underfed.

Your ppm’s at this stage of the grow should be around 800 - 1,000 ppms. When using Coco your inflow pH should never get to 6.5, the range you need to stay in is 5.8 - 6.2. When using salt nutrients make sure to flush after every third fertigation to avoid salt buildup and a possible nutrient lockout.

What are your dosage levels of the GH Trio per gallon?

I was using a dosage of about half strength or less. I experienced some drooping, and shortly after increased to full strength (flora chart). I really haven’t seen many warning signs other they the curling.
I have since gone back to around half plus strength. I understand and have read about the ppm I should be at (first grow) but have to well exceed feed charts to reach it?? The plants look mostly well?

1 Like

You need to turn the blurple light off and take a picture with flash.

What is the dosage in ml per gallon of your last fertigation, and what was the ppm?

Yesterday. I feed/water every other day.
Yesterday 3ml micro 6ml bloom.
I was feeding double until 4-5 days ago.

3 Likes

350 ppm

Any input on why my leaves have started to taco? Also a little discoloration going on? I flushed 2 days ago using FF sledgehammer and they perked right up and now they are all canoeing and droopy…

Strawberry cough, blackberry kush, blueberry ILGM

Soil, FF Ocean & Happy frog fertilizer

5 gallon grow bags from infinity

PH goes in at 6.4 - 6.5 and runoff is 6.8 - 6.9

N/A FF nutrients and following their feed schedule

Indoor

2 2,000w Bloomspect LED around 335w each hung at 24 inches above plants

Day temp 75 - 80 night 72 - 73

Humidity day is 71 -73 night is 63 - 66

• Ventilation system yes 2 6 inch above canopy 2 box fans outside tent blowing in threw both side vents and a 4 inch exhaust fan above my light

Dehumidifier

Co2 bag yes

Tomorrow is week 10 of veg