Cannot figure out why I’m still having an issue

I like to consider myself a little more knowledgeable than I was a year ago, but lately I’ve been having some trouble. I started a grow about ten weeks ago now and I’m looking to flip into flowering, but my plants just aren’t under par, and I’ve tried just about everything over the prior weeks. Flushing, different nutrients, slurry tests, just not sure. Maybe I’m pHing incorrectly for ProMix HP? I water at 6.0 or maybe just slightly under but never under 5.8. I use an Apera PH-60 for pHing. I use FloraMicro, FloraGrow, and FloraBloom and follow their feed mix, but I’m beginning to think that what theyre charts say to feed, aren’t giving the plants enough nutrients. What do you guys think?

This is the veg tent

Other the other hand, here’s a look at my flowering tent to see my other work :grin:

2 Likes

Have you checked runoff ph and ppm vs what you’re putting in? It looks like there is a pile of dead leaves in corner of your tent. If that’s correct i would remove them asap.

2 Likes

I’m going to do a slurry later on on all of them. Yeah that’s a dead pile leaves lol. I’ll clean it all out, I didn’t know it was an issue to have them in there. Why is it? @dbrn32

1 Like

Hold moisture and attractive to bugs.

I prefer to grab runoff over slurry test, but if you feel more comfortable doing slurry test that will be ok too.

1 Like

Was wondering if you’ve used HP before? It’s treated as soilless & 5.8 is the goal for it & the GH chart is drain to waste. This is all from reading about it & not using it in practice, just started some clones after rooting last week in it so I’ll find out if it’s correct soon. If I’m wrong, sorry, if I’m right, yeah!

@dbrn32 I have been performing several runoff tests and they come back pretty good. Maybe I’ll try lowering the pH a little bit with my next feeding to get it more toward a 5.8 range as @pillsbury suggested.

Thank you all tor the input, I’ll keep you updated.

1 Like

What was ph and ppm of runoff?

1 Like

@dbrn32 i wasn’t able to get around to the test. Between 7am-7pm my lights are off in my flower tent which happen to be in the same room as my veg tent so I missed my deadline to do that last night. I cannot perform a runoff right now as I just fed them the other night, but I will perform a slurry tonight at 7pm and post the results. My apologies for the delayed response.

1 Like

U do know when u do a slurry u have to use distilled or ro water mix some soil and let it sit for like 15 to 20 minutes for all to break down good in the water. What kind of ph and ppm meters do u have. Have u calibrated them recently. Maybe the ph meter can be off. If ur in soil u want to keep ph at 6.5 or as close to as possible. Coco and hydro is 5.8. The flower tent looks beautiful by the way. Nice looking colors in there. W2G