@Took1-4theteam hey bud can i get that discount code please? Ill probably purchase that unit next month if my tax return comes back within 3 weeks as the government stated lol
@matty777 Alright so heres what im gonna ask.
- How much can the unit dry at one time without overloading? (wet weight)
- What issues would there be if you couldnt maintain optimal operating temp range? (60-73 degrees)
- How do you maintain the sponge? That being cleaning and long term resuability
- How often should you check the sponge or change out water/refill?
- Best settings for a wet trim?
- Best settings for a dry trim?
- If you do a wet trim is it still recommended to hang dry the whole plant or branches for a day or 2 before starting the dry in the cannatrol?
- What is the ideal dewpoint range? How can you consistently keep it in that range?
- If there are issues caused by accidental overloading is it covered under warranty?
- Are there any active discounts at this time?
I get about 6 to 7 ounces dried out of cannatrol. Thats packed full without any stems. My sponge i rinse w/ tap water and ring it out after bud is done. When bud is in cannatrol I check the sponge every other day. I was weary of buying cannatrol also, but it is nice to have. Next time I am going to stagger my grows. Last harvest I still had to dry half of harvest the traditional way.
Yeah that’s my concern with it and it’s like at that point what’s the purpose ? Let me know how the stagger harvest goes cause that’s what I was also considering is growing strains with different flowering times to finish on different weeks, but that’s a lot of trouble but might be worth it.
@matty777 ask and you shall receive! I hope this answers your questions
Thank you for reaching out to us. I believe I was reading that same ILGM forum over the weekend! To make it easier I’ll answer the questions in order below:
1. How much can the unit dry at one time without overloading? (wet weight) The Cool Cure can handle 2.2 pounds of wet flower at a time (4-5 pounds of dried flower for curing and storage)
2. What issues would there be if you couldn’t maintain optimal operating temp range? (60-73 degrees) The unit may not be able to maintain the desired set points if the temperate of the space the unit is in is outside of that range. For example, if it is in an 85 degree room, that will drive the temperature inside the Cool Cure up, which will change your calculated RH.
3. How do you maintain the sponge? That being cleaning and long term reusability It is rare but some users have gotten some odor or discoloration from their sponge over time. Alcohol or very hot water is what I use to sanitize mine periodically and haven’t had any odor issue. Ultimately, if you were ever in need of a replacement sponge, we can send you one.
4. How often should you check the sponge or change out water/refill? I find I only need to add water to mine once every week or every other week(depends on the season and how much I’m opening the box. Ideally you want to refill it before the display has to tell you to.
5. Best settings for a wet trim? Our default settings give the best results, and whether you wet trim or dry trim(or even a combination of the two) is all a matter of personal preference. Some of our commercial clients will dial the dewpoint down to 50 to make the dry trimming a little easier, but again this is all preference. I have done both wet and dry personally, but I always leave my Cool Cures on 68 dry bulb and 54 dew point.
6. Best settings for a dry trim? See answer 5
7. If you do a wet trim is it still recommended to hang dry the whole plant or branches for a day or 2 before starting the dry in the cannatrol? Hanging for a day or two before putting the buds in the Cool Cure isn’t necessary. We list this as a tip because we know many users are pushing the weight limit of the unit, so hanging for a day or two gets some initial water weight off before loading the box which allows you to get more of your harvest into the unit.
8. What is the ideal dewpoint range? How can you consistently keep it in that range? 52-54 is the range our default settings are in. As long as you don’t have the box overloaded and you keep the sponge wet, the unit will very accurately maintain that dewpoint. When you first load a batch in, the dew point will spike, but within 12 to 24 hours, the machine will pull that dewpoint down to the setpoint. This is because there is a lot of water leaving the plant in the very beginning of the process.
9. If there are issues caused by accidental overloading is it covered under warranty? Overloading will ice up the fins on the TEC and the fan, but doesn’t damage the unit. The fix is to unplug the unit, let the ice melt, remove the excess product to get within the 2.2 pounds, and then plug the unit back in. The unit will start back up with no issues.
10. Are there any active discounts at this time? We offer multiple unit discounts and a military discount. The multiple unit pricing is listed on our web store and the military discount is $100. We don’t currently have any additional discounts. We build the units right here in Vermont and provide our team livable wages and benefits. That in turn makes our margins smaller than companies that make everything cheaply overseas, but for us it’s the only way we want to do business.
If you think of any other questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to me. I’ll do my best to answer them as soon as I can.
Director of Commercial Sales
VT Dry & Cure Technologies
I actually have a thread running one through its first go on factory settings. First Dry and Cure in the Cannatrol - Fully Loaded
I staggered my 7 plants . Did a 4-5 day dry cycle then put into grove bags for the other 2 runs of dry cycle , than put all in together to cure . I had about 2 and a half pounds total . It’s still in there and fresh as can be. Everyone that smoked it says it’s super smooth smoking ! For lack of better way to express it, can you picture or imagine taking a hit of smoke that has passed through a bunch of ice water but without the obvious coolness effect .
Not going to say that I didn’t wish I could fit more at a time , but yeah I dried my 7 plants in 3 different dry cycles . Which actually kinda worked out even better for me cause it took all damned day to trim 2 plants anyway .
That’s just me though, I’m glad I got mine , I still have close to a couple pounds just chilling out in mind . Ready to smoke or give away fresh at any and all times .
Sorry I haven’t been around in awhile to be a little more attentive to answers but I just moved . Am a single dude in a 4 bedroom and gotta little bit of work before I can settle down and grow again . So the more I work the less time before I can get to growing
I think I posted all of Jennifer’s info . She can get ya started and get you hooked up with Ed if she can’t answer something . I just emailed the other day and they got right back to me the following morning at 9 am. Which has been a common theme . They get back quick and it’s usually early the next morning .
Anyway , like I mentioned to Matty I just moved and haven’t been around to be attentive to anyone lately . Have some work to do before I settle things down and can get back to enjoy growing and stuff again .
Unfortunately I discovered that discount code no longer works . Gave it to someone else and they said it didn’t work , then I tried it myself and it didn’t go through . Which reminds me I was supposed to send in a request for consideration of my own code late January. Got lots on the plate right now and kinda getting backed up on some things . Anyway I’ll try to send a request over the weekend . Worst that can happen is they say no right ?
thanks for all the info @pr @Took1-4theteam @Graysin @BigCat420
believe i’m getting one too. i only grow 3 at a time and have to cure in my tent ahhhhhh but no more .
CANNATROL ------ YES
can’t wait to see the results and read the updates! I’m on the fence about getting one or three!
yep plants are at 5 weeks so be a while yet .
I’ll tag you on my grow .
Awesome, glad you’re happy with it. I’ll get around to buying one for sure. Thanks for the information.
Let us know how it works, congratulations!
I really want to see if it works out for you @BigCat420 . Our harvest size and growing methods are very similar. I’m thinking it it works for you and your happy with it then I will go ahead and pull the trigger on it.
@matty777 im still a while out from getting one due to being a car down and having to get a new one with taxes now. But if i do get one ill let you know how i like it
You the man. Bummer about your car brother. I had to deal with that all last year when someone hit me and had to fight with insurance to get the car. I just got mine worked out after 8 months so hopefully the turnaround is a little quicker for you . Best of luck brother, plants are looking great btw!
@Took1-4theteam Good looks on all this info. I’m about to order a small cool cure. Can you please shoot me a coupon code? Thanks so much!!
Saaaame lol. I’m about to place my order within the next day or two. Looking forward to simplifying drying/curing, always the hardest part imo.
Has it arrived to you yet?
Did they send you a referal or coupon code or anything?