Cannatrol cool cure? Its a cigar fridge!

Just curious anyone using cannatrol?? They are 1500.00 cigar temp humidity control cabinet around 300.00. They look to be same just because its for weed it coast more??? Thanks love to hear input!!

1 Like

LOL, yep, also looks like my wife’s wine cooler that cost like $450.

2 Likes

Exactly!!

You tell me! Only difference i see the shelves. And around $1000 bucks!

1 Like

And possibly more technology into smell reduction among other things…although prices for everything are up…I’ll stick with the .30 cent grove bag :grin::call_me_hand:t2:

1 Like

Me 2 but they use it to dry it. And you can cure and store.Check out cannatrol .com basically climate control.

They are basically a mini fridge with thermoelectric cooling unit. The part used to cool is called a peltier device, which is basically an electronic device with a hot side and cold side. They install heatsink and cooling fan on hot side, the cooler it is the colder the cold side will be. Then use temp controller to cycle electronics on and off via setpoints. They don’t cool as well as standard refrigeration unit, but they also don’t play havoc on relative humidity within the space.

If you are handy and resourceful, you can build one out of old mini fridge uber cheap. I think I got 5- 50 watt peltier devices for around $10 on aliexpress. Spent $18 on power supply, then used a bunch of stuff I had leftover from lighting projects to complete. I never bought controller, but something that small should be available on Amazon for +/- $20. Could probably use same stuff everyone is using for diy rosin press.

2 Likes