CannaNewbie 2nd grow. Pls Tag along and help

Hey guys remember that you need to take in a couple other things besides just lux into account.
Lux is produced differently by different color spectrums.

The factor you should be comparing is PPFD
Take your lux and input it into a LUX to PPFD converter (hlg has Thier own otherwise use wave form lighting) depending on if your light has 3000k or 3000k with 660 cops it all needs to be taken into account in order to get the right information.
I also use lux to dial in my lights but that’s just for me because I’ve done the conversion and know how many lux I w as nt at each stage in order to achieve the appropriate DLI, which is found by using PPFD and the time your lights are on for.

2 Likes

Like 15-20" at full power for flowering. Every grow and space a little different, but there about.

2 Likes

Thanks and For veg? They’re Still seedlings

I am not comparing anything just giving you a useful Tool to use as reference points if your light doesn’t have a dial control

19" gives me the strongest light on the edges for a 2x2 square. So I try and keep mine in that range. I run my lights. all including the 260s at 11w for veg. It gives me a good node spacing. As for the final flush. It looks like you can put trays under there. So not an issues in my book. If you were to give them at least 4 cups worth of run off for a week flush. That will drop me to about 100ppm. More than good enough for me.
Using a 6’ tent would mean I have to scrog 90% of what I grow. I run my lights near the top of a 84" tent on a lot of mine. So what you grow and how you veg will make a lot of difference. Just my thoughts :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Question guys. My photo seedlings r growing and in light warrior with no nutes. When do I start feeding them? I have jacks 321. I will be transplanting into ffof when they get bigger. I’ve only grown autos and had the seedlings in ffof

2 Likes

@SKORPION @Bulldognuts @Mark0427 @Axemanjake23

Their website says 5 days I’d do a 1/4 dose 1 week in

1 Like

Really the best thing to do is, just keep your eye on them. If you are going to go from FF HF to FF OF you probably won’t need any nutes until start of flower. You can take TDS runoff readings to be sure. I started Jack’s when ppm’s was around 950 but I believe you can wait until they drop to under 900 ppm. On my initial run in 50/ 50 FF mixture I kept check on ppm’s throughout veg. On my next grow I will be using same mixture and will only be checking ph runoff until I’m confident that ppm’s are getting low enough to start Jack’s. The 2 main things to keep in mind is ph and cal-mag. I believe you’re using HLG lights, right. If so start cal-mag early and make sure you ph water after adding cal-mag. Once you start Jack’s no cal-mag, Jack’s only and properly PHed water.

1 Like

OK I just saw you are using Light Warrior, so I’m not to familiar with it. So I think it depends on how soon you go to FF OF.

2 Likes

Thanks brother. Light warrior It’s for seedlings and I think it has very light nutes. I’m going to transplant into OF once it’s ready I guess

I’m going to be using jacks 321 lol

I use ffof from seed so far the photos took well to it. The autos went a slight bit yellow from it for the first week or so was a real faint yellow. After that was good. I started using gh flora trio 2 weeks after so the 3rd week after sprout i started nutes. Did a water water feed water water feed til flower then feed feed water feed feed water

I always start my seeds in coco that has been buffered with 1-0-0 cal-mag. the little leaves the plants sprout with are food well the root system developes. about the time those leaves start to fade or turn yellow I start feeding seedling friendly doses. If using synthetic nutes about a 1/4 does. if organic full on tea tell I pot up. hope that helps some @CannaNewbie

1 Like

Question. These r my first photo plants am I supposed to keep the lights on 24/7 until I flip them to flower? They just popped from the soil and I have the lights on 24/7 now

Any advice @SKORPION

1 Like

I believe in the benefits of a rest period, so I would start backing it down to 16 to 18 hours of light per day.

2 Likes

I will do it my next grow but I have been reading about the bennefits of a 6/2 repeat schedule. still 18 hrs of light a day but less stress of such a long day on the plant. look into it.

1 Like

You really gotta see what works best for you, two growers can use the same technique and get completely different results. I haven’t done a 6/2 schedule but I can see the idea. I may do a trial on my next batch.

1 Like